Time: October 20, 2012 from 8:30am to 1pm
Location: The Orchid hotel
City/Town: Vile Parle, Mumbai
Website or Map: https://mumbai.tie.org/
Event Type: classroom, session, entrepreneurs, tie, mumbai, workshop on leveraging/protecting ip for your business
Organized By: TiE Mumbai
Latest Activity: Oct 20, 2012
TiE Mumbai is pleased to present the TiE Institute Workshop on Innovation & IPR in businesses.
We often shy away from the subject of IPR due to its perceived complex nature. Result – Completely missing the possibilities and benefits that can arise out of sheer understanding of the bi-directional associativity between Innovation and dynamics of Intellectual Property Rights(IPR).
Experts have discovered that a fair understanding of IP Laws actually spurts innovation!
Key Takeaways from this workshop :
1. Participants shall understand the concept of IP, why is it more important in the economic liberalized era currently.
2. Realize why at all should innovators understand IP laws & why this is the right time, if not already late!
3. Most importantly, learn to use the global IP data to find innovative solutions. Learn interdependence of Innovation & IPR – realize that one facilitates developing the other!
4. Companies' IP wealth likely to grow as the participants deploy the techniques learnt and make it their way of life.
5. The way an innovator approaches new product development should change from next day!
6. The risk of infringing other's IPs shall minimize.
7. Leveraging the complete commercial benefit by the process of licensing and comprehensive IP Management.
08.30 - 09.00: Registration
09:00 – 09:30 Why is this subject more relevant than ever before?
Understanding of what is innovation as per IP laws?
09:30 – 10.15: Basic Understanding of different kinds of common Intellectual
Properties, subtle differences, Validity
10.15 - 11.15 : Mini Innovation Exercise with a concurrent working Tea
break. Hands on experience of designing product, process, shape and
appearance, brand name.
11.15 – 11.30 : Software patentability, Bio-diversity, other evolving IPs
11.30 – 11.45: Q/A session
11.45 – 12.30: Integrating Intellectual Property with Business Strategy
Licensing, Technology Transfer & Sale of IP
12.30 – 13.00: Three related case studies
13.00 – 13.15: Can IP be used as collateral / security for fund raising
13.15 - 13.30 : Q & A session / discussion
13.30 onwards: Close of session followed by networking over lunch
Here's a chance for 2 Rodinhooders to win FREE TICKETS to this workshop
- Give 3 reasons why you would like to attend.
- Post it in the comments here
- Rodinhooders with the most convincing reasons - attend this workshop for FREE!
Hurry - you have time till 19th Oct'12 - 3 PM !