Obama created history with his 2008 online campaign.
His 2012 campaign is equally stunning.
1. Simple, simple, simple Sign Up Page:
How simpler can it be?
2. Magnetic E-mail invites
Once signed up to a website, we all receive mails, but given that Obama has the personalities on his side, check how he has leveraged them:
And this one!
3. Personal messaging - everything is personal about this!
How often do you write to your customers and clients? Is it personal? Is it a plea? Do you really beg them for help (if you need it) ? Do you connect with them the way Obama does:
4. Perfecting the 'Hook'
After asking me for as little as US$ 5, check out what I see when I revisit the site:
The smallest denomination is US 15$!
I mean, I clicked to donate 3-5 bucks, but this caught me by surprise.
When I used my Marwari head, I figured that the small innocuous looking text box could be filled for 'any amount' - yeah, I chose US$ 5!
5. Making the deal - irresistible - 'The Sink'.
In case I strayed or had two minds after proceeding from checkpoint 1, check out the BIG promise that I saw as part of the reward to make sure that I contributed:
Who could refuse an offer like this one?
Who even cares about the campaign? I just wanna meet these two remarkable men!!
Finally, compliment the campaign with an external, emotional input like this!
1. Create a really simple way to get users to sign up.
2. Use emotional and magnetic forces to bring customers back.
3. Be personal. BEG. Make a plea. Ask for help.
4. Try and up-sell! In an emotional state, customers rarely backtrack.
5. Make the deal irresistible and impossible to walk away from!!
This is Fabulous!
Quite a lesson on marketing! Irish charm + Chicago smarts = Subtly snubbed MR.