News

5 Ka 500, FB Free Basics, Employee Equity, WatStory, LeJagah and a lot happens on Jan 16… [Jan 16-22, 2016]

Hey there Rodinhooder!

I’ve finally recovered from our BIGGEST TRH OPEN HOUSE EVER

image credit

500 Rodinhooders got together at BSE, despite the traffic jam caused by a certain politician visiting Mumbai 🙂 . I’m not uttering another word. We’ve got some of the pix up here

Thank you Venue Partner BSE and the entire team, thank you speakers, volunteers, attendees and everyone who supported us and made this event possible!! 

All of our speakers have promised to share their presentations over the weekend for those of you couldn’t make it! So stay tuned for the OH content next week….!

But in the meanwhile, do read Mohul’s ‘Zen and the Art of Entrepreneurship’ that covers the Keychat with Anupam Mittal and Alok.

5 ka 500 – Open House at Dalal Street…. Naman shares his summary of the OH!

Kapil attended his first OH and here are his keynotes!

So on the 16th of January, while we were rocking at BSE, lots of startup folks were in Delhi attending the PM’s first startup event. Rodinhood writes a tribute to the 16th of January – a date to remember for a lot of reasons…

Center stage!

How India can leverage Facebook Free Basics and come out a Winner! Alok shares an interesting ‘Dhandha Brain ‘angle to the issue!

Why you’ll never get rich working in a startup!! Mithun demystifies employee equity in the first part of this series (I really like this dude – he’s always demystifying stuff!!)

Select keywords wisely, says Saikat who wants to brainstorm on the topic. He’s also starting a digital media series on trh!

Priyadeep’s GyanLab just turned 5! He shares his learnings so far… Congratulate him and share your learnings as well!

There’s a funding pitch in the house! Playzapp – the world’s first tournament platform for mobile games… 

Startup Showstoppers!

InnerChef – THE Indian foodtech company which is actually growing and rocking in this environment!! Check them out and don’t miss the special Rodinhooder Offer 🙂

Writing Aces – creative and unique content creation (but this is about how Kritika learnt a big lesson on branding! Must read for all aspiring entrepreneurs/early stage startups!)

WatStory – a publishing platform & community for multilingual writers!

LeJagah – a real estate guidance & info portal 

Crowd-pullers!

From a spectator to a volunteer. Read Sunaina’s testimonial that simply reinforces one thing: You make lifelong friends at TRH.  Also do check out the other testimonials we have – they’ll make you feel proud of fellow rodinhooders featured here and the community at large!

Come rain, shine, snow, Kriti shares a startup comic with us every fortnight! Read her latest on ideation stagnation. You must check out ALL OF HER #entrepreneurfail comics on trh!

6 reasons why you should not hire an intern. Errr actually, should – it’s a satire!

Events, and more events!!

Perzen & Sunaina covered TiEConMumbai for TRH – do read their lessons!

Best learnings come from being frugal – lessons from #WIEF2016 as captured by our rodinhooder reporter Megharaj!

And Congrats to Vishesh and Team KartRocket for securing $60M in their Series B round of funding!

On a personal note – I’d like to thank each one of you for voting for me for Community Manager Appreciation Day Awards #CMAD2016 – I’ve been NOMINATED IN ALL 8 CATEGORIES!! This is overwhelming indeed, for we are the ONLY community based out of India to be amongst such huge global communities! The finalists will be announced today – let’s hope we are amongst them!

So that’s all from me this week. In case you’ve missed any of my previous prem-patras –you can find them all here 🙂

think.do.be.a.star.

shine bright no matter where you are 🙂

[hey, that rhymes!!!]

fondly from sunny, sober goa,

asha chaudhry

co-founder & editor

asha@rodinhood.com 

facebook 

twitter

Comments

2 Comments

1. Asha – you mean 6 million not 60 million for Kart Rocket 🙂

2. aaah the freaking typos (and my love for figures, not!!!) thanks for pointing out 🙂

Comments are now closed for this post.

Lost Password

Register