Another dilemma from a yet another entrepreneur. - how to pitch for new clients? Through mail? Through calls? Through visits? How?
As an advertising agency, we were lucky to start with a good reputed client who believed in a young bunch of nailbiters. It was hard to pick from there. We even compromised with our ambitions and started behaving like copy partners for other media agencies. It picked up. With a strong hold on concept creation and copywriting, our mettle in these areas got proved. Trust started building up.
We got referred. We begged for design work. We ended up with digital. Even as a learner, we had great time delivering some really clutter-breaking ideas to our SMM clients.
Finally, we also got design work. We had a blast. Our ideas started getting inked in mass media.
We are happy. But not content.
We do have a dearth of clients who can assess our designing and copy services. We recently won a pitch with extremely good response for inhouse branding of a large hospital.
It means, we are good.
We made our portfolio. We made our profile presentation. We drafted good pitch mails. We made emailers to make things interesting.
No response yet. Most of the emails bounces back. Calls are not taken seriously. The only response we get is in the form of "automated replies" in return to our pitch mails.
We are thinking of getting a CD done and sending it to the addresses of various prospective clients.
The challenges are -
- We don't know who actually need us?
- We feel like a sales person while making unproductive calls. We are an agency and we are here to sell not products but ideas.
The help which I need -
- What exactly should we talk about in a pitch presentation or mail? Is there any proven formula? (web is full of articles, which i can't relate to). Kindly give some real-time suggestions which you have tried yourself and were lucky enough!
- kindly mention any directory, site which is productive in getting you across some meaningful clients.
- We have heard of HR connections which are required to break the ice? what is the process?
- We even aren't sure of what questions to ask. So you can suggest from your end which could help us solve our issue.
"We are a bunch of enthusiastic young heads. Advertising is what we started out to make our ideas reach out to millions via brand communication."
Thanks for your time. Do take time.