Preface by Alok on 31/3/2013:

On February 13th, 2012, Deepak Sharma started this post on therodinhoods.com. It took 20,000 page views, 193 comments and innumerable cases of cheating, complaints, follows ups and god knows what to put an end to this menace??? 

I know 'Caveat Emptor' (Buyer Beware), but what when we become BEWARE?? what happens then??

Original post by Deepak:

Browsing the HeadStart Community Google Groups post today I found out about this very shocking complaint; more like an outcry for help. Sharing the whole situation & my online Jassosi.

Complaint against:-

TIMTARA.COM or

Infosecure Consulting Pvt. Ltd.

B-26 Second Floor, Sector 8
Noida, Uttar Pradesh -201301
India

I also found so many other similar complaints on web :-

http://www.consumercourtforum.in/f10/timtara-com-infosecure-consult...

http://www.consumercourtforum.in/f10/timtara-com-infosecure-consult...

http://www.consumercourtforum.in/f10/timtara-com-60083/

http://www.consumercourtforum.in/f5/timtara-com-infosecure-consulti...

THIS COMPANY CLAIMS ON THERE WEBSITE THAT "timtara.com is Rated No. 1 for “User Experience” by Dataquest Magazine + Sapient-Nitro Research in Jan'11 within 7 months of launch."

DELIGHT MORE SOUNDS LIKE CUSTOMER PLIGHT. What do you think?

update: e-mail sent by the timtara.com ceo to me (Alok) and deepak on 17th Feb 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: COMPLAINTS AGAINST YOU
To: Alok Kejriwal <alok@games2win.com>
Cc: Deepak Sharma <outsourcingfocus@gmail.com>, customerfirst@timtara.com, Tajender Khurana <tajender@timtara.com>

Alok / Deepak :

Yes I agree its bad. 

No excuse - but we are doubling our turnover for the last 3 months. And we are a little over a
year in biz. The organization and the fulfillment (team, sourcing etc) could not keep up with
the speed for Dec and Jan. Because we are new some customers panicked and others who
got on time were delighted.

We reached out to the affected customers, toned down our marketing, strengthened supplier
relationship and just about come out of the "delay" phase.

Try us out sometime.

Cheers.

-- 
Arindam Bose
MD and Chief Customer Officer

UPDATE: 31/3/2013 - Timtara Bosses arrested

Extras:

Tags: Alert, Cheaters, Fraud

Views: 24317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looking at all the complaints on various website Timtara.com is a fraud company & is still online looking for more victims. I too am a victim. I purchased a HCL Game on 21st April 2012 order# 10240730 and did not recieve any delivery or refund till date after repeatedly calling them. They do not reply properly & I have lost my money. It is high time concerned authorities try & shut down this online fraud company website.

Yes its truly a very unfortunate situation that we are allowing this company to cheat so many people all the time. I'm starting to wonder if they fullfill any of their orders at all or not. One way of soing this is filing a compalint at your CC company to reverse the charge & then going forward to file a complaint with consumer court.

HI, I had ordered one product on 7th May and after doing lot of follow up with them I received the product on 5th June. To get the product it is really hard job to do. you may take help from ccavenue if you have done online payment. they will acclerate your query to Timtara. another bast thing you can do that if CC avenue also not replying. if your payment done through credit card you may raise the dispute by filling dispute form in that one clause if marchant has not delivered your product then you can ask him for refund. so something will work and you will get either product or refund, but again never visit to Timtara is mine kind advice for all.

Thanks for bringing this up. I've repeatedly said this, 'prevention is better than cure'. It's your hard earned money, do not just go up burning cash just cos a site has bogus claims & showcase false advertisement (in case of Timtara, they have/had several false & misleading claims like dataquest rating etc put up on site) None I repeat none of the user comments they boast actually relate to real users. no social media campaign to prove otherwise. people are just talking shit about them everywhere.

I have really lost patience with this company, I'm getting over 1 query per day since I've put up the post here. Please Google the site you are buying from, contact visa/MC for a refund if CCavenue is non responsive but the Risk team is quite active as evident from several emails that I've received from them, but unfortunately none resulting in prompt action from Timtara (Timtara doesn't even bother to respond or cc the risk team in any emails). I'm starting to wonder why haven't CCavenue dropped them till now. That's just too much bad PR.

Hi Deepak, Thank you for all your help in supporting those cheated by Timtara.  I've noted down all points / suggestions given in this forum.

I am also one among those and here are the details.  I've ordered a Epson Printer on 18th May and yet to get the product.

Order No. 10257834

Transaction ID - 10114215

Amount Paid - Rs.2998

Delivery Time - 10 to 15 working days.

I've called the customer service number (01353051500) more than 50 times in the past one week, everytime they will assure me a call back or a mail confirming the status of the order but I had never received any information so far.

Sometimes I get a message saying that the above number is not in service.  Can you imagine this? Most of the times they guys will simply disconnect if I ask for their supervisors or floor manager.

At last I came to know about this site.  I'll be mailing a complaint to Noida police as suggested and also ccavenue. 

Let me see where I'll end-up. Hoping to get the product or money back.

Kudos to your support and let's together teach them a lesson.  

Hi patilyogs...can you please tell us how to contact CC avenue...

I got four from their website

Email Ids
Marketing Support contact@ccavenue.com
Technical Support service@ccavenue.com
Accounting Support accounts@ccavenue.com
Cardholder Support

risk@ccavenue.com

yes these are correct you email to Technical support and Cardholder support. also at Timtara to "Raja Singh" a href="mailto:raja@timtara.com">raja@timtara.com>, he replies sometimes. also you may call the customer care numbers given on CCavenue site

Harassed / Cheated by Timtara?

Make a complaint SSP, NOIDA Police, Mr. Praveen Kumar.
Email SSP on sspgbn-up@nic.in

VERY IMPORTANT : Don't RANT. Be very clear and precise. Limit the size of your letter. Provide Proofs. Include your complete contact details.

Also send a signed copy to him at his camp office. Without the signed hard copy of the complaint, system does not work in our country.

You can use the performa given below for your complaint. Do not forget to enclose proofs of what you are saying, such as email of order confirmation / amount paid etc.

Dated:

Mr. Praveen Kumar
SSP
NOIDA Police
G 22, Sector 27,
NOIDA, Uttar Pradesh

Dear Mr. Kumar,

I have been cheated by online shopping portal www.timtara.com

Timtara has charged my credit card / bank account but has not delivered the item.

It seems that Timtara.com has been cheating a lot of customers as a lot of complaints can be found on various consumer forums.Therefore there is a need for swift action before the company winds up and a lot of customers like myself end up losing a lot of hard earned money.

Details of my order for which Timtara.com has not made the delivery, and is illegally withholding my money are given below.

Timtara Order id
Order Placed on
Item (name and make)
Amount paid
Delivery promised in (working days)
Number of Reminders sent
Status (No-Delivery / No refund)
Status date

The address of the company is:

Timtara.com
Infosecure Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
B - 26, Second Floor,
Sector 8,
NOIDA

Kindly use your good offices to lodge a case of cheating and fraud against Timtara.com, and help me recover my money.

best regards

Your name and signatures and complete contact details

Thanx. I would be doing the complaint as suggested and also would be sending the mails to Cyber Cell Division here in Mumbai. officer@cybercellmumbai.com, cybercell.mumbai@mahapolice.gov.in

Thanks

Dear Deepak and other friends,

I also had the misfortune of being another victim of timtara.com.  I had placed an order for Whirlpool Microwave on 18 April 2012 under Order No. 10238972 and paid Rs 3540 through SBI netbanking.  Till date I have not received the product and the so-called Support is pathetic.  They keep on giving false and misleading information and seems to be trained in lying and duping.  Please help me out of this pain and agony of feeling cheated. Best Regards.

Call ccavenue at any of the given number : 
91 - 22- 67425555
ext: 501/502/503/504/506/508.

CCAvenue Team:-
risk@ccavenue.Com
sandesh.Kavitkar@avenues.Info
kavitha.Shetty@avenues.Info

Hope You Get Your Refund Soon!

RSS

The RodinStar Post of the Week!

Like us, Please?!

Follow us on Twitter!!!

9 Ideas to use the site!

1. Registration is a click away - via Facebook etc
2. View ongoing discussions and fire up one yourself
3. Have a broader point of view? post a quick blog
4. Have a question? Just ASK! here
5. Want to activate some inquiries? List yourself
6. Have some stuff to show? Post Photos
7. Want to get noticed? Get yourself interviewed

8. Have a presentation that you like? Share it - Step by Step instructions
9. Lazy? Just hang out, Chat, add Friends...

Still messed up? Read the FAQ's

© 2014   Created by Alok Rodinhood Kejriwal.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service