Preface by Alok on 31/3/2013:

On February 13th, 2012, Deepak Sharma started this post on therodinhoods.com. It took 20,000 page views, 193 comments and innumerable cases of cheating, complaints, follows ups and god knows what to put an end to this menace??? 

I know 'Caveat Emptor' (Buyer Beware), but what when we become BEWARE?? what happens then??

Original post by Deepak:

Browsing the HeadStart Community Google Groups post today I found out about this very shocking complaint; more like an outcry for help. Sharing the whole situation & my online Jassosi.

Complaint against:-

TIMTARA.COM or

Infosecure Consulting Pvt. Ltd.

B-26 Second Floor, Sector 8
Noida, Uttar Pradesh -201301
India

I also found so many other similar complaints on web :-

http://www.consumercourtforum.in/f10/timtara-com-infosecure-consult...

http://www.consumercourtforum.in/f10/timtara-com-infosecure-consult...

http://www.consumercourtforum.in/f10/timtara-com-60083/

http://www.consumercourtforum.in/f5/timtara-com-infosecure-consulti...

THIS COMPANY CLAIMS ON THERE WEBSITE THAT "timtara.com is Rated No. 1 for “User Experience” by Dataquest Magazine + Sapient-Nitro Research in Jan'11 within 7 months of launch."

DELIGHT MORE SOUNDS LIKE CUSTOMER PLIGHT. What do you think?

update: e-mail sent by the timtara.com ceo to me (Alok) and deepak on 17th Feb 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: COMPLAINTS AGAINST YOU
To: Alok Kejriwal <alok@games2win.com>
Cc: Deepak Sharma <outsourcingfocus@gmail.com>, customerfirst@timtara.com, Tajender Khurana <tajender@timtara.com>

Alok / Deepak :

Yes I agree its bad. 

No excuse - but we are doubling our turnover for the last 3 months. And we are a little over a
year in biz. The organization and the fulfillment (team, sourcing etc) could not keep up with
the speed for Dec and Jan. Because we are new some customers panicked and others who
got on time were delighted.

We reached out to the affected customers, toned down our marketing, strengthened supplier
relationship and just about come out of the "delay" phase.

Try us out sometime.

Cheers.

-- 
Arindam Bose
MD and Chief Customer Officer

UPDATE: 31/3/2013 - Timtara Bosses arrested

Extras:

Tags: Alert, Cheaters, Fraud

Views: 24182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Deepak! As suggested by you, I contacted ccavenue and it worked. I have at last received the product after agonizing and frustrating experience with timtara. Really appreciate your help and guidance.

Dear All

Thanx to Deepak, I had done Police complaint (both in writing by Post & by email) to Noida Police and also sent mails to Cyber Cell and this has borne some fruits. Timatara boss was summoned at Police Station for this and I recvd a call from the Police Station for verification.  Meanwhile in background the Timtara already started my Refund process & have told that the refund would take place by Tuesday 19th which also was confirmed by Sarabjeet. Would like to convey all those who have been cheated to take similar step and also call Sarabjeet at Timtara +91 9811096791 & ask for refund. Would update once the refund finally lands up in my bank. Cheers to THE ROBINHOODS

I finally got the delivery of my two HTC phones last week. Thanks to all of you for your support and suggestions.

I had mailed ccavenue and looks like timtara is also using another payment gateway called PayU thru which my payment was processed.

Thanks for your Feedback. 

This is a very dynamic & interactive community, I'm just glad that you have resolved this crisis for you. Hope you don't have to face a similar situation again. My Best Wishes.

Reading these replies I guess COD basis is a boon... many Ecom sites have started COD basis delivery, they call to verify the order.

COD or Cash On Delivery is one of the oldest form of making payments in India, starting from Postal Order days until now. The increase in use of technology has done less in terms of payment/transaction industry in India. Hopefully we would be able to change that soon w/ start ups like PayGrub. :)

well Mr. A.Bose let me remind you of your words "TRY US OUT SOMETIME". Well now, I would like to narrate my I ordered a "SONY XPERIA P" mobile phone on June 1, 2012 at 6.57 pm, now about their so called timeline of 15-20 working days (their CC executive boast a lot about that) which I think they use to play with customers feelings. I am a student gathered money by taking tuition to buy this gadget for me and caught up the lure they offered till now its June 29, 2012 10.13 pm my product is still "awaiting shipment"

order number: 10264920

order date: June 1, 2012

supposed to be delivered by: June 29, 2012

current status: awaiting shipment

Then Mr. A. Bose thinks that they will come out of a turbulent time. Mark my words Mr. A. Bose spread happiness to stay with happiness.

I would request people to stop buying from timtara as it is worst online company to buy from, we have helped many people to get back their money from timtara and it seems that numbers are growing everyday. Timtara sits on people's money and earn's interest from it , without thinking a bit about customers, recently we have more than 15 people asking us about ways to get refund from timtara and we have contacted the gateway of their credit cards to get people their refunds.

Any one stuck with timtara with their orders should immediately mail 

gagan.varma@payu.in

wecare@payu.in

They will get your money back in 4 hours.

There is no use of mailing the customer care or arindam bose as it is their modus operandi to never revert back to any customer queries, people order seeing the fixed discounts at timtara which are supposed to be there for only 1 day and that ad stays there for 1 month. 

The biggest nuisance is that they do not offer COD which itself tells that they are not genuine when even the newest genuine entrants are offering COD.

I review for home appliances and gadgets at http://forums.askskt.com and there are more than 20 people ringing us up to get them the money back from timtara, but just follow this procedure of mailing the payment gateway you will have your money back within 24 hours.

happy shopping and only choose good and trusted one's which deliver on time and gives COD to win your trust atleast.

mail me for any further help with timtara

Order No: 10262956 Apple iPod touch 4th Generation 8 GB (Black)
I made the payment for this product on 30th May and they have mentioned 15-20 working days for delivery. Today is 7th July and it shows the status as awaiting shipment for the last 15 days. Every time I ring them for inquiry they routinely said that it will take 2-3 days more for delivery and nothing happens after that. If they cannot deliver the products on time, they should not accept the orders. I think one should not buy any product from timtara since they don't keep commitments.
The online shopping is for user's convenience. Shopping from timtara has become a nuisance.

Bhavuk Jain

Same Case Here

Timtara Order id                                   - 10266850

Order Placed on                                   - 5th June 2012
Item (name and make)                          - Sony Xperia P Mobile Phone (Black)
Amount paid                                          - Rs.20,459/-
Delivery promised in (working days)     - 15 to 20

Number of Reminders sent                   - 3
Status (No-Delivery / No refund)           - No-delivery
Status date                                           - 7th July 2012

There is no sensible reply from customer care.
Today when i called them, the guy over there said, back-end team is not replying to me, so he can't do anything
i asked him about what to do next or whom to contact or how can i get my product or money back, but he had
a single reply, "we don't know.."

Mailing customerfirst does nothing, 
I just mailed the same thing to people at payu gateway and Tajender Khurana <tajender@timtara.com> mentioned above.
Hopefully something good comes out of this.

Dear Deepak

what ever be the reason when you are in show or when you are on platform you have to act. no more excuses if your act is bad its bad and if its good its good. 

Customer is king and customer judges the company the way the company acts according to the promises

Thanks

Sai

RSS

The RodinStar Post of the Week!

Like us, Please?!

Follow us on Twitter!!!

9 Ideas to use the site!

1. Registration is a click away - via Facebook etc
2. View ongoing discussions and fire up one yourself
3. Have a broader point of view? post a quick blog
4. Have a question? Just ASK! here
5. Want to activate some inquiries? List yourself
6. Have some stuff to show? Post Photos
7. Want to get noticed? Get yourself interviewed

8. Have a presentation that you like? Share it - Step by Step instructions
9. Lazy? Just hang out, Chat, add Friends...

Still messed up? Read the FAQ's

© 2014   Created by Alok Rodinhood Kejriwal.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service