Fun

How did 2014 treat you?! Tell us in tweet size!!

Hey, you guys haven’t been telling me much lately. So I’ll just ASK… 

How was 2014 for you and/or your startup? Describe the year that was, but in tweet-size!! 

image source

Yeah I know, no one has time to sum up their year in a page – so let’s just keep it short and relevant!! 140 characters so I can tweet every answer. What say?! 

Oh, and be as candid as you want to be. Eff words are allowed :)))))

Don’t forget to mention your twitter handle!

I’ll start – As co-founder & editor, my year on therodinhoods was: 

crazy as hell. added 2000+ members, 1500+ articles. 5 OHs. exciting, yet exhausting! lonely but hey, I’ve got all of u! keepin it real 🙂

@ashaonthebeach @therodinhoods #trh

Now it’s your turn. We are 8872 members. I really wanna see how many answers we get!! The best answers will be featured in the post! 

ps: happy 2015. keep rodinhooding!

Comments

43 Comments

1. It was a year of reflection and deep discovery for me

2. 2014 helped me understand my priorities, cleared my blurred vision & pushed me towards a life I wanted. Long journey ahead 🙂

3. Achievement Unlocked!! Met, Learnt & connected to a lot more.
    Wisdom of #365Days, available for Upgrades to the next Level #JustBeingMysElf

4. Went on a pause@nailbites jst b4 its 5thanniv,got wrking on d new pdt venture, learned lessons of a lifetime, grabbed/missed opportunities, lived life! 

5. this is how it went! 🙂

6. Twitter Handle: @BawiBride

A year of learning. unlearning. family. love. gratitude. learning. unlearning. 100+ litres of #Dhansak and many happy tummies of #ParsiFood

7. perz :)))))

8. happy,excited,realised,fearsome,nail biting,fierce,frustrated,depressed,suppressed,risen and worth every emotion. why? Coz I found myself in 2014

@rishikartik

9. Hey Rishi,

Glad to know that you found yourself; hold yourself tight and never lose again. 

In this crowded place, we often lose our oneself, we often forget why we are here, who we are. Some incidents, few people help get back to the consciousness. #philosophic 

10. Great lessons learnt & few deep s**ts with a cool start

11. @SunainaShenoy

thank goodness ‘14 is gone..a poignant year!! life is ephemeral permanence is illusion, my faith reinstalled in tat.. one strand turned grey

12. 2014 was a year when I realized that anything is possible if you are willing to learn and apply that knowledge. 

13. 2014 was a year where i found my true calling. When i quit my job and  started Truly Essential there were days where i used to doubt myself, but 2014 sealed my decision. I’l always be thankful to this year as it is a start for many more glorious years:)

14. @_anji

first startup launch – evibe.in, first customer experience, craziness, first time business development, talking, excitement, a bit of spirituality, lots of mistakes, more learnings, growth, not-sure-what-to-do-moments, overall a fantastic year.

15. hey nice anji! do feature evibe in our showcase! section 🙂

16. The year that was- 2 pivots  and finally ! 2014 additions- 2000+ restaurants/cafes MeDine’d and about 8000+ users and growing! City-2 launched (Hyderabad/Secunderabad). City-3 in pipeline.ROARING!!!

17. Thanks Asha :). Yes, that’s on my task list. Will be launching a new version in few weeks & would love to showcase and get feedback here.

18. @indiacod

recast indiacod 4 d 3rd time in 2yrs. feels best now. strtd sllng on multipl mktplaces. gr8 so far! Last few mnths in Andamans. Mumbai callng May15. lkng fwd 2 it

regds Sanchita

19. 2014 was a year of receiving – published my book The Mouse Charmers, traveled a bit, reviewed 75+ books, got into Limca Book of Records and spoke at lots of events and lit fests. 

20. Time with kids…2x
    Current venture growth… 3x
    Paisa paisa…3x
    Weight loss… 16kgs
    Self awareness…10x
    Tech venture idea …good to go finally!

21. This is the year that changed me and my thinking,full of learning and it helped me to introspect myself.

22. Quit my job to go full power on QREOH. Learnt more in 9 months than the last 9 years about running a business. 🙂

@troysk704

23. Just like a cardiogram.

Had great time helping students with EasyPadhai , struggled + fought + failed + won + felt loved @veetraglodha

24. hey veetrag – nice!!

you must feature easypadhai in our showcase! section 🙂

25. 2014 got me introduced to Rodinhoods 🙂 Just what i wanted to give direction to my startup #buyfromdharavi. Looking forward to loads of learning & discovering!

26. :)))) awesome pausome mitul! do share more about buy from dharavi. am curious!!

27. Closed past venture. Started up again. Got married. Moved from NCR to Chennai. Learned a lot!!!!!!!!

@ances2006

28. Thanks Asha mam.

Will definately do 🙂

29. 2014 turned into life changing year for me personally (learnt lot of lessons) as well as professionally. Launched drivekool in 2014, 2015 is going to be the best!!

30. It was a year of starting up. I started my own venture in 2014! One helluva roller-coaster ride it was. Hope 2015 is better! 🙂

31. wow! we have a lot of rodinhooders who started up in 2014!! how awesome can that be? hope all of you have showcased your ventures on trhs!!

32. Decided to find my ‘true calling’, started working on an idea, collaborated with amazing people & startups, visited Bhutan (& blogged)!

Twitter – sardamit

Blog – exploringbhutan.wordpress.com

33. “visited bhutan and blogged about it” makes me seriously jealous!

34. Bhutan is a place to fall in love with! No room for jealousy! 😉

I suggest you plan a trip to Bhutan soon! 🙂

35. The year I started a company which I can truly call it my Own, sole founder DigiLocal

36. wow vinaye!

37. After many disappointments, 2014 was at last superb as it gave me guts to leave the well-paying job to start my venture. 2015 looks like first year in school 

– @Arun_k_m

38. congrats arun & best wishes! do feature your venture in our showcase! section 🙂

39. Thanks Asha. Serving my notice period…few days left. I will definitely come back to showcase the prototype and will seek your and other members guidance. It’s a great platform. Thanks for making it so awesome.

40. A new beginning both personal and professional. A great idea for my professional life, now time to execute it.

41. Started on a slow note after a dramatic exit from an earlier venture but ended on a high note on a life changing Jagriti Yatra 🙂 Bring it on 2015

42. Hey Asha, 

Our website is designed to address a simple need of Brand managers, CEOs, Marketing heads & other business buyers. The need is that they have to visit Dharavi every time they want a leather product sample for Corporate Gifting, procurement, stocking, or planning their sourcing for product launches, customer engagement & brand re-call activities.

Placing bulk orders, making payments, receiving consignments, & finally executing last orders will get easier for these buyers. 

You know whats the best part? We are LIVE 🙂 I am excited about this venture & even more excited to see a change in the way Businesses buy. 

43. hey all,

look what i just came across?!!

so we all wrote this 1.5 years ago. how have things changed for you?

my update: “life’s good. we are growing & evolving so fast, i just can’t keep up!! :)” 

Comments are now closed for this post.

Lost Password

Register