Ask For Help

How do I export my contacts from Blackberry Curve 8520 to HTC Desire 616?

I have just shifted from Blackberry Curve to HTC Desire 616, I am having a major difficultly in exporting my data from Blackberry phone.

1. It doesn’t export complete address book to my outlook – shows 1000+ but export only 422 contacts.
  2. How do I export contacts from Outlook to HTC – As per HTC desktop sync is not available, so can you recommend any FREE 3rd party reliable software.

Couple of Points:

• I have already disabled my blackberry services, hence either it need to sync with my desktop or through gmail using wireless connection.

As per details shared by HTC, the device don’t support desktop sync. I am really surprised to learn this, since neither their website nor does their print ads has any information about it, even their manual don’t highlight that it doesn’t support desktop sync, seems this phone was designed in 1970 and launched in 2014.

Its like selling a beautiful home without water and electricity supply.

Or their Print Ads

I even contacted following people, but one of them bothered to respond or help.

• Manu Seth – Director Marketing (Head of Marketing) HTC India
  • Vipin Harit – Head – Customer Service at HTC India
  • Vijay Balachandran – Director, Sales HTC India Private Limited
  • Faisal Siddiqui – Vice President & Country Head, India at HTC

If top officials don’t respond to customer grievances then god knows what will happen to poor customers.

If anyone can help, please help me its urgent, its been a week I have this stupid phone without my contacts, calender and notes.

Comments

10 Comments

1. Guys – Its Urgent can anyone help. Any Contacts in HTC.

2. If you missed : HTC Sync Manager Overview and Download

For steps HTC PC Suite| HTC Sync Manager download for all devices

Third party Try this First, HTC Desire 616 PC Suite, USb Driver and Sync Manager

Also check if this Android File Transfer works.

Android File Transfer is an easy-to-use Android PC suite developed to help Android phone and tablet users to manage, sync and backup Android data.

With this powerful Android file manager, you are able to:

Backup Android SMS, contacts, apps, music, photos, videos, etc.
    Restore Android device from previous backup with only 1 click;
    Sync apps, music, videos, photos, contacts and SMS to Android;
    Connect Android device and the Android File Transfer with WiFi;
    Transfer contacts, apps & messages and more from Android to Android;
    Import and export contacts from/to 5 different kinds of sources;
    Remove duplicate contacts by merging duplicate contacts;
    Manage files in SD card and device memory as under Windows;
    Download YouTube videos & free music and convert for Android;
    Copy iTunes playlists to Android and export music to iTunes library;
    Download, install & uninstall apps, move apps to SD card;
    Manage contacts, text messages and phone calls on computer.

About your Question How to transfer your Microsoft Outlook contacts quickly to your Android device (Also an HTC One example here with steps and images, though the Phone model may be different the procedure remains the same for your purpose)

See Also – How to transfer contacts and media to HTC Phone – HTC Transfer Tool Download

If you are busy or feel bored to search go to http://www.htc.com/syncmanger and see the video link provided to get a better picture.

The sync manager is the one tool that provides solution to many problems and it also provides great support for all its customers.

Anything else ? Cheers!!! 🙂

Congratulations on the Gift – Happy Diwali and Happy New Year to You, Your Family & Friends!!

3. I have seen this link before, I don;t want to trust a non-trusted 3rd party software. It it asking me to install a tool bar before downloading the software and I don’t want to risk my laptop.

Sorry, I would only like to download a 3rd party software from a reliable source or website.

4. All you need is InTouchApp! (a RodinHood company!) Just install InTouchApp on your Blackberry and HTC and login with the same account – done! Think of us as the Dropbox for contacts – use InTouchApp and never ever worry about being without your contacts – no matter which device you use! (you will always have water/electricity in your house!!)

Download app from the app store or by pointing your phone’s browser to intouchapp.com. Thanks!

5. When you say “this”  I guess I gave you more than 5 links (all different) so no  idea which one you had seen out of them as referred and if you MISSED the others mentioned to help you likewise, do check them, for which had also mentioned the ones which were Third party as well.

This (Sync Manager) is from the OFFICIAL HTC site for that matter, and you mention both sides in the same comment too ? I don;t want to trust a non-trusted 3rd party software” and  again “I would only like to download a 3rd party software from a reliable source or website” so not sure what you want to do, make a choice, enough available.

HTC Sync Manager is a free application for your computer that makes it easy to sync all of your media to and from your computer with your HTC phone. You can also sync all of your contacts, calendar events, bookmarks, and documents as well. 

Application – HTC Sync for all HTC Android Phones (For HTC devices that use HTC Sense 3.x or older)

“You can use HTC Sync™ to synchronize Outlook contacts and calendar or Outlook Express contacts, and web browser bookmarks between your computer and your phone. It also lets you install third-party Android applications, and bring your photos, videos, documents, songs, and playlists to your phone.”

The alternative method to upload the contacts to gmail account from your Blackberry and then download on the HTC is also mentioned in my earlier comment, to solve what is more important as well in a different way.

You very well know being in the IT industry how to decline and avoid installing the “Tool bars” from such third party apps, so if you don’t want to use them that’s fine as well too, gave you the other options as you asked for it.

6. Darshan, I would appreciate if you stop giving unecessary advice for sake of giving one. Check out the HTC link provided by you https://www.htc.com/in/software/htc-sync-manager/ it doesn’t support Desire 616, please do your homework before giving your advice from next time.

7. Sarang, Thanks will this update my contacts, calender, notes etc. If not then not worth it.

8. Does anyone have any contacts in HTC, can someone from HTC respond to my concern. I have been able to upload my contact now, but much after doing all RND and Spending close to 30 to 40hrs to get the desired results.

But now I have a problem how do I keep my Outlook contacts updated since there is no desktop sync software from HTC.

9. InTouchApp is what you need buddy! Phone, Outlook, online – contacts in sync everywhere. intouchapp.com/apps/ . You did not have to spend 30-40 hrs for all this. 5 minutes is all you need for worry free contacts. Device/OS/Vendor independent apps are the future (think Facebook, WhatsApp, etc.). Devices are becoming commodity. Today you are with HTC, tomorrow you might have a Samsung, or iPhone or Windows phone.. who knows!

10. InTouchApp is all about contacts.

Comments are now closed for this post.

Lost Password

Register