why are we always running after money...is there any life beyond this run for it or is life nothing but money ????

Views: 782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Money is important , however what is even more important is how we handle it. It is important to live with a sense of abundance and not with a sense of scarcity. Coz even all the money in this world will not give you happiness if you think what you have is not enough. There is nothing wrong in aspiring for more money as long as you use it in a good way.

Pankaj Sir,

For some reason, I am obsessed with money.

And honestly, for no other reason than pure wants:

- For instance, I live in South Mumbai and with my family growing up, I need another flat. That itself is a cost of 5-6 crores + interiors

- All my relatives and friends drive 5 series BMW's. I need one also - thats 60 lacs

- I got so used to holidaying abroad etc each year - thats 15 lacs per year for holidays

etc etc etc

I cant live in another city, I cant downgrade my life from where it is today...

So.... what do i do, other than perpetually chase money??

Omkar...Tom never killed Jerry for the reason that he wastefully wanted to play along..but he did go after him all his life....what for ? but he still went on and on and on ...similarly...i would go on to stress why we all are permanently after money ...money ...money...we tend to lose so much in our greed for it ...but still...we simply go on ...

Hi 

Money is definitely important...it is required to live a good life....though it's not everything..

Yes Anushka.it definitely is important to lead a good life ,but the never ending yearning ...even after one has enough for a good life...its that ''itch'' that which to my mind ,gives life a turn for the ''worse'',,,as in ..all ills begin to get born  

Thanks Omkar for including link of my post here.....

To answer your question Pankaj, I believe people chase money for two reason:

1) The fact that money is an enabler and it can enable you to do most of the things in life....

2) The misconception that more money more happiness....

I dont think everyone is chasing money....

Money is just like another raw material you need to build ur product.
I have never had the luxury of enjoying inheritance or some capital from family, also I have never approached any VCs, yet none of my project ever stalled due to lack of capital.
Reason for this is I searched for capital in the same manner I did for other raw materials for my project.

Yes like Tom, most of the people go after something on and on for whole life, but that one thing need not be money everytime. What would you say about Amitabh Bachchan, why is he working hard yet? for money or because he fears his money will exhaust before he does.... NO! Because that one thing for him is acting....

Those who are chasing money and only money for sure doesn't understand money!

Regards

Aman ....i think you best summarized the point....cheers...!! some people like Amitabh Bachchan are still going on ...these are the guys one can say take Work as Worship...

I am delighted at your clarification ...thanx indeed

Well said Jyoti :) 

Jyoti Shukla said:

Renounce all your money, tell all your friends, relatives and acquaintances that you have NO money, none at all and you'll know how important money is:)

hi Himanshu....,yes I certainly agree with you ...contentment is necessary.....but it is so difficult to define how much is enough....!

Himanshu Mody said:
Money is important , however what is even more important is how we handle it. It is important to live with a sense of abundance and not with a sense of scarcity. Coz even all the money in this world will not give you happiness if you think what you have is not enough. There is nothing wrong in aspiring for more money as long as you use it in a good way.
Lol Jyoti.....you just put it the right way....importance of money is definitely defined onceyou are aware without it youre just not you .....very well put....

Jyoti Shukla said:

Renounce all your money, tell all your friends, relatives and acquaintances that you have NO money, none at all and you'll know how important money is:)

Hi Alok....I agree to what you say ....but by what you put,is there a limit to what one might aspire to have or is the obsession endless.We have plenty examples of plenty billionaires who are unhappy ....so ,do we really say that money gives you your lifestyle,your power and your happiness too.... 

Alok 'Rodinhood' Kejriwal said:

Pankaj Sir,

For some reason, I am obsessed with money.

And honestly, for no other reason than pure wants:

- For instance, I live in South Mumbai and with my family growing up, I need another flat. That itself is a cost of 5-6 crores + interiors

- All my relatives and friends drive 5 series BMW's. I need one also - thats 60 lacs

- I got so used to holidaying abroad etc each year - thats 15 lacs per year for holidays

etc etc etc

I cant live in another city, I cant downgrade my life from where it is today...

So.... what do i do, other than perpetually chase money??

RSS

The RodinStar Post of the Week!

Like us, Please?!

Follow us on Twitter!!!

9 Ideas to use the site!

1. Registration is a click away - via Facebook etc
2. View ongoing discussions and fire up one yourself
3. Have a broader point of view? post a quick blog
4. Have a question? Just ASK! here
5. Want to activate some inquiries? List yourself
6. Have some stuff to show? Post Photos
7. Want to get noticed? Get yourself interviewed

8. Have a presentation that you like? Share it - Step by Step instructions
9. Lazy? Just hang out, Chat, add Friends...

Still messed up? Read the FAQ's

© 2014   Created by Alok Rodinhood Kejriwal.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service