why are we always running after money...is there any life beyond this run for it or is life nothing but money ????

Views: 483

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Money is important , however what is even more important is how we handle it. It is important to live with a sense of abundance and not with a sense of scarcity. Coz even all the money in this world will not give you happiness if you think what you have is not enough. There is nothing wrong in aspiring for more money as long as you use it in a good way.

Pankaj Sir,

For some reason, I am obsessed with money.

And honestly, for no other reason than pure wants:

- For instance, I live in South Mumbai and with my family growing up, I need another flat. That itself is a cost of 5-6 crores + interiors

- All my relatives and friends drive 5 series BMW's. I need one also - thats 60 lacs

- I got so used to holidaying abroad etc each year - thats 15 lacs per year for holidays

etc etc etc

I cant live in another city, I cant downgrade my life from where it is today...

So.... what do i do, other than perpetually chase money??

Well said Jyoti :) 

Jyoti Shukla said:

Renounce all your money, tell all your friends, relatives and acquaintances that you have NO money, none at all and you'll know how important money is:)

hi Himanshu....,yes I certainly agree with you ...contentment is necessary.....but it is so difficult to define how much is enough....!

Himanshu Mody said:
Money is important , however what is even more important is how we handle it. It is important to live with a sense of abundance and not with a sense of scarcity. Coz even all the money in this world will not give you happiness if you think what you have is not enough. There is nothing wrong in aspiring for more money as long as you use it in a good way.
Lol Jyoti.....you just put it the right way....importance of money is definitely defined onceyou are aware without it youre just not you .....very well put....

Jyoti Shukla said:

Renounce all your money, tell all your friends, relatives and acquaintances that you have NO money, none at all and you'll know how important money is:)

Hi Alok....I agree to what you say ....but by what you put,is there a limit to what one might aspire to have or is the obsession endless.We have plenty examples of plenty billionaires who are unhappy ....so ,do we really say that money gives you your lifestyle,your power and your happiness too.... 

Alok 'Rodinhood' Kejriwal said:

Pankaj Sir,

For some reason, I am obsessed with money.

And honestly, for no other reason than pure wants:

- For instance, I live in South Mumbai and with my family growing up, I need another flat. That itself is a cost of 5-6 crores + interiors

- All my relatives and friends drive 5 series BMW's. I need one also - thats 60 lacs

- I got so used to holidaying abroad etc each year - thats 15 lacs per year for holidays

etc etc etc

I cant live in another city, I cant downgrade my life from where it is today...

So.... what do i do, other than perpetually chase money??

hi Neil,great to note we still remember each other....yeah,even I think the way you do ...but yes,money does appear to play a great role in getting life a lot easier ....whether it does get one happier is another question ....p.s.I'd prefer you give me yr phone number and I will call ....if I happen to be in surgery your call might not reach me....

Neil Bahal said:

Hey Pankaj, nice to hear from you after long! :)

Money can give you loads and loads of 'short term' happiness but ofcourse it cannot give you health or 'real' love. We all know this, yet we strive for success everyday...hence this is a question without any proper answer I feel.

Ps Pankaj:- when would it be a good time to call you?, wanted to discuss somethings.

It is...no doubt about that.
Not that 'other' (read...health, relationships, happiness etc..) things aren't important ...sure they are..but money I believe buys a lot of 'other' benefits which one would be devoid of ...if he/she didn't have money.
Money can buy you health, happiness and respect if you know where to shop and how to manage !!

Couldn't agree more with Alok !!!
Amen to that ! While people say that money cannot buy happiness, the fact is that you can't be happy without money either :)
actually when u strip away all meanings and assignations this chasing after money is at its deepest core a chase after value...and in our culture (across the planet) this value is represented by money and the things it buys...when everyone can afford buying BMW equivalent quality then the value assignations will shift....in the meanwhile we all chase the most common representation of value: money...
Aditya consulting company private limited

For all billionaires who are unhappy. Selling report on how to buy love and happiness with money !!!!

Price : 8 Lakhs
2hours consulting with aditya himself included with the research report.

RSS

The RodinStar Post of the Week!

Stay Updated via FB!!

Please like us!!

Follow us on Twitter!!!

9 Ideas to use the site!

1. Registration is a click away - via Facebook etc
2. View ongoing discussions and fire up one yourself
3. Have a broader point of view? post a quick blog
4. Have a question? Just ASK! here
5. Want to activate some inquiries? List yourself
6. Have some stuff to show? Post Photos
7. Want to get noticed? Get yourself interviewed

8. Have a presentation that you like? Share it - Step by Step instructions
9. Lazy? Just hang out, Chat, add Friends...

Still messed up? Read the FAQ's