why are we always running after money...is there any life beyond this run for it or is life nothing but money ????

Views: 782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Abhishek...what makes you so sure that money is the most absolute things in the world.....when the Titanic was about to go down under,no amount of money could get several people on the life boats.....So ,is money absolute ?When you get stuck in a road jam....can any amount of money get you out of it to reach the airport in time.If you are stuck up in the Alps with your mobile not functioning...no amount of money can get the message that rescue team should initiate a rescue....so on and so forth.So ,howsoever much we feel that money is a security to plenty ills ,it is not absolute...there's something called luck as well

Abhishek Rai said:
Like I said, the discussion has to be about, What to do with money...
I am not making fun of anybody, but if you still can debate that whether money is important or not, its kinda lame.
You can have a billion dollars and still live like a saint, because you want to spend your life in that manner and utilise the money you have amassed to do good somewhere else...
By debating, whether money is important or not, you are debating about the power of the money, which is relatively one of the more absolute things in this world...
So rather worry about whether money is important or not,worry what to do with it and what good you can do with it...

Alok 'Rodinhood' Kejriwal said:

abhi - you are free to leave a discussion but definitely not make fun of anyone's topic....!

Why should you judge if this is useless or not?

It makes lots of people including me really deep dive and realize how shallow a life we are living....

simple sparks like these are what Zen masters called 'Satori'....

Abhishek Rai said:

I feel this is the most useless piece of discussion going on this particular site. Anybody who feels that money is not important, please go to Mothers of Charity and work there.

For rest of us the tribe, lets die trying to create something big, better and bolder, than Facebook (earlier the benchmark was Google) which ensures that at least we die richer...

I think money doesnt save the rich from getting diseased....its another point that malnutrition occurs in those who do not get adequate to eat.

Abey John said:
LOL :))

Abey,

Money can buy the CFO lots of skirts....

:-))))

br/>

Abey John said:

Woooh love the way this discussion is going.  Even better than that skirt chasing CFO ;)

Jyothi, money can buy you cures but it cant buy you prevention.  There also this aspect that the increasing shift to profit driven treatment is decreasing the quality of actual care doctors take with their patients.  Irrespective of whether you are rich or poor.  Am sure we all know at least one doctor saheb who is competent and caring and refuses to take more money (closest example I can recall is our vet - he was practically offended when I gave him more after his brilliant treatment of our dog).  This shift to profit driven treatment kills a tiny but important organ in our soul.  The mind and our greed may respond to all the money that gets poured into our coffers but that organ refuses to rise up and perform.  Thats the deadening you see in hospitals.  You can see that more clearly when you dial your telco help line.  Care for our fellow beings has been sacrificed in the name of efficiency and profits.  Twenty years ago a doctor would have diagnosed you as soon as you walked in and before you opened your mouth.  Today they'll send in an army of technicians and equipment and still scratch their asses after the results come in.  The doctor 20 years ago (maybe even 20 yrs is too recent most likely 50 years is probably more accurate) knew something in his DNA - how to be a healer.  Doctors of the present day are more often than not empirical technicians (Pankaj looks like he is old school so he is excluded ;)).  A friend of ours with renal failure ended up with a bill of 10 lakhs which in our layman's opinion could have been at least avoided by up to 30% but for some more care from the doctors.  The money spigot did not turn on the care, just high tech equipment, and a luxurious room.  Even if you tell them I'll give you a crore to just care for me and make sure you treat me well, and even if they sincerely nod along and stay on their toes 24x7 they'll still fall short of the mark.  

In the larger perspective this is one of the weaknesses in a market driven economy.  At the individual level there is a tiny loss of caring that gets amplified through the system.  It will take some more time before we awaken to that realization and start looking for alternatives: like say a need driven economy or a system of social credit....or both.

Jyoti Shukla said:

Pankaj ji, the doctors listen to such "moneybag" patients. If people without money come and beg for treatment doctors don't listen to them hospitals don't treat them. How often we read that a poor patient died because hospitals/ doctors refused to admit/ treat/ operate without first getting paid for the treatment? I've never heard any such thing happening to any rich person.

Also, when you say "incurable disease" you are basically talking about patients on death-bed and saying that no amount of money could save their lives.

That is about life and death, not health. Life and death in not in our control, but our health is and money surely facilitate a healthy life.

pankaj khandelwal said:

well Jyoti ,very often as a doctor one gets to see people carrying their cheque books along with them ,or very simply put...bagful of notes ,pleading to get there kin back to normal,whatever the expenses.But...if only money could cure all ailments,,,,!! you just cannot buy health if you are unfortunate enough to suffer from a malady nothing can cure....

Jyoti Shukla said:

Idon't understand this belief that money can't buy health... ever seen the difference between kids living in slums and kids living in a higher level of society? Or, between kids of developed nations and developing nations? Who will be healthier; a beggar surviving on food picked up from roadside dust bin or someone who has money to buy nourishing food?

@Dr Pankaj

I totally agree that luck is very important - but it is such a random factor that very few of us are willing to openly admit just how important a role it may have played in our success.

Of course, I've always thought that good luck has a higher chance of occurring when you minimize the chances for bad luck by proper preparation.

Incidentally, I have an interesting question - if you were the prince 'Paris' in the Iliad and 3 goddesses appeared before you offering either Wealth, Wisdom or Beauty - which would you choose ?

pankaj khandelwal said:

howsoever much we feel that money is a security to plenty ills ,it is not absolute...there's something called luck as well

Abhishek Rai said:
Like I said, the discussion has to be about, What to do with money...
I am not making fun of anybody, but if you still can debate that whether money is important or not, its kinda lame.
You can have a billion dollars and still live like a saint, because you want to spend your life in that manner and utilise the money you have amassed to do good somewhere else...
By debating, whether money is important or not, you are debating about the power of the money, which is relatively one of the more absolute things in this world...
So rather worry about whether money is important or not,worry what to do with it and what good you can do with it...

abhi - you are free to leave a discussion but definitely not make fun of anyone's topic....!

Why should you judge if this is useless or not?

It makes lots of people including me really deep dive and realize how shallow a life we are living....

simple sparks like these are what Zen masters called 'Satori'....

Abhishek Rai said:

I feel this is the most useless piece of discussion going on this particular site. Anybody who feels that money is not important, please go to Mothers of Charity and work there.

For rest of us the tribe, lets die trying to create something big, better and bolder, than Facebook (earlier the benchmark was Google) which ensures that at least we die richer...

hahahahahaha..... this is the FUNNIEST statement and rebuke I ever read....

If only everyone was so influenced by me!!!

(starting with my wife)!!!!

Jyoti Shukla said:

Neil, that is the most offending comment about this site's members and about Alok himself.

What you are implying is, the members are Alok's sycophants and say yes to whatever he says and Alok is a person who likes to surround himself with sycophants. You couldn't have insulted all of us and him anymore.

The debates here thrive because we have difference of opinions. If we all were such boot-lickers then there won't be any debates, Alok will be the only person posting discussion topics and others will be just making noises of "yes, yes, I agree" and this would have been a dead community. But that is not so here. Everyone is free to post their thoughts and everyone else is free to express their opinion. This particular discussion would not have got so many replies if there were no difference of opinions.

This small community is thriving because of its positivity, because of the knowledge sharing and because we all have become close-nit friends sharing our problems and joys and because we all travel the same road of being enterprising people.

I highly object to your comment. You have questioned the integrity of every single member of this site and you have insulted them.

Frankly, I am furious and disappointed that somebody could even think such a thing about rodinhoods.com.

Neil Bahal said:

Wow, this discussion has become aggressive all of a sudden. And this is what money does to everyone....makes you fight.....and hence...IT CANNOT BUY YOU LOVE lol.....ask the Ambanis ...they cannot live happily with 4 lakh crores.

Anyways, to conclude...i want to say something controversial....

**Had Alok said that money was not important, I am sure a lot of people here would have said the same...:)...just what I feel,...but I can be wrong.

@Jyoti - I totally agree with you.

@Neil - Honestly, acting like a Troll is immature and childish. I won't bother saying anymore.

Jyoti Shukla said:

Neil, that is the most offending comment about this site's members and about Alok himself.

What you are implying is, the members are Alok's sycophants and say yes to whatever he says and Alok is a person who likes to surround himself with sycophants. You couldn't have insulted all of us and him anymore.

The debates here thrive because we have difference of opinions. If we all were such boot-lickers then there won't be any debates, Alok will be the only person posting discussion topics and others will be just making noises of "yes, yes, I agree" and this would have been a dead community. But that is not so here. Everyone is free to post their thoughts and everyone else is free to express their opinion. This particular discussion would not have got so many replies if there were no difference of opinions.

This small community is thriving because of its positivity, because of the knowledge sharing and because we all have become close-nit friends sharing our problems and joys and because we all travel the same road of being enterprising people.

I highly object to your comment. You have questioned the integrity of every single member of this site and you have insulted them.

Frankly, I am furious and disappointed that somebody could even think such a thing about rodinhoods.com.

Neil Bahal said:

Wow, this discussion has become aggressive all of a sudden. And this is what money does to everyone....makes you fight.....and hence...IT CANNOT BUY YOU LOVE lol.....ask the Ambanis ...they cannot live happily with 4 lakh crores.

**Had Alok said that money was not important, I am sure a lot of people here would have said the same...:)...just what I feel,...but I can be wrong.

Alok, we need an in-comment like button. 

Jyoti Shukla said:

Neil Bahal said:

Hmm.... I can remember reading that it is possible to add a Facebook 'Like' button using Javascript embedded in the theme. Might be interesting to try ....

Abey John said:
Alok, we need an in-comment like button. 

Jyoti Shukla said:

Neil Bahal said:

@Neil

Nothing personal, man ;)

Neil Bahal said:

@Jyoti.... now what should I say now that this kid has gotten so personal with me ?

@ Nayana.... try that again...

Nayana Somaratna said:

@Neil - Honestly, acting like a Troll is immature and childish. I won't bother saying anymore.

Jyoti Shukla said:

Neil Bahal said:

Awww, I was just parking my butt into the seat with popcorn and coke to watch the fight.  ;)

Neil Bahal said:

No probs.

Nayana Somaratna said:

@Neil

Nothing personal, man ;)

Neil Bahal said:

@Jyoti.... now what should I say now that this kid has gotten so personal with me ?

Nayana Somaratna said:

Jyoti Shukla said:

Neil Bahal said:

Gotcha ! :D

Abey John said:

Awww, I was just parking my butt into the seat with popcorn and coke to watch the fight.  ;)

Neil Bahal said:

No probs.

Nayana Somaratna said:

@Neil

Nothing personal, man ;)

Neil Bahal said:

Nayana Somaratna said:

Jyoti Shukla said:

Neil Bahal said:

Hi Neil

..We certainly hold high respect for Alok Kejriwal  & he's a great inspiration for all.....but will certainly not agree and accept all of  his thought processes.....:)..Alok has not created ro(bots)dinhoods.com ...:it's rodinhoods.com

Regards

Neil Bahal said:

yeah....i dont think people follow Alok as robots...I agree with Anushka on that...I am sure and hopeful there are many like me who will say what is in their minds....Alok is a much respected and  adored personality ,but i';m sure he too wouldnt like people following him with eyes \brains closed...

Anushka Shroff said:

Hi Neil

..We certainly hold high respect for Alok Kejriwal  & he's a great inspiration for all.....but will certainly not agree and accept all of  his thought processes.....:)..Alok has not created ro(bots)dinhoods.com ...:it's rodinhoods.com

Regards

Neil Bahal said:

RSS

The RodinStar Post of the Week!

Like us, Please?!

Follow us on Twitter!!!

9 Ideas to use the site!

1. Registration is a click away - via Facebook etc
2. View ongoing discussions and fire up one yourself
3. Have a broader point of view? post a quick blog
4. Have a question? Just ASK! here
5. Want to activate some inquiries? List yourself
6. Have some stuff to show? Post Photos
7. Want to get noticed? Get yourself interviewed

8. Have a presentation that you like? Share it - Step by Step instructions
9. Lazy? Just hang out, Chat, add Friends...

Still messed up? Read the FAQ's

© 2014   Created by Alok Rodinhood Kejriwal.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service