Startup

ISB iDiya 2015 – National Social Venture competition

Greetings from the Indian School of Business! 

It gives us great pleasure to announce the 7th edition of iDiya; ISB’s Social Venture Ideas Competition. This year, iDiya will be held on October 12-16, 2015.

We’re calling out to all dynamic entrepreneurs with a social bent, from around the world to showcase their ideas to enthusiastic partners. The year 2015 will see the stakes get higher as the competition opens up to the SAARC region.

The10 best ideas get a five day all-expenses paid training at a boot camp where they will meet industry leaders, venture capitalists and business mentors.

Cash reward of Rs. 4 lakhs up for grabs! A platform to get seed funding. And an invaluable experience with the entire social-entrepreneurial ecosystem in India.

So take one step closer to the difference you have always wanted to make by registering here: https://www.isb.edu/idiya

Submissions Deadline: August 16, 2015 at 23.59hrs.

NoteCC Avenue is the only payment option available for IDiya Event. We have checked the application now and it is working fine. Please  pay the amount via CC Avenue option and let us know in case of any issues.

Well, what are you waiting for?

Find us on twitter at  and spread the word using  #iDiya  

Comments

9 Comments

1. Hello Mohit,

We have a handicrafts e-commerce startup, can we apply for Idiya?

Sincerely

Sankha Ray

2. Hello Sankha,

Yes, you can apply for iDiya. 

Here is the eligibility critieria for the idea to be classified as a social venture. As long as the idea classifies as a social venture, you encouraged to apply for iDiya. 

Any idea or a venture whose primary objective is to address a social need would be considered a social venture idea. The idea need not be specific to any sector. However, some indicative sectors include: Healthcare, Education, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Housing, Energy, Technology, Telecommunications, and Services etc. Ideas presented to ISB iDiya should be able to show direct social impact as one of the key objectives. 

As a general guideline, a social venture idea should incorporate one or more of the following elements
     • The idea is inclusive i.e. the business model should provide employment, training or opportunities to a large rural and/or urban population that is cut off from such opportunities today. 
     • The idea serves a market which is underserved i.e. the enterprise will provide goods and services to people who are currently unable to access these goods and  services, either by making them more affordable or by increasing availability. 
     • The idea creates a positive environmental impact. 

Here is a link to the FAQ page which should answer any other related questions. Please let me know for any other queries, and All the best!: )

https://www.isb.edu/idiya/faq

3. Hello Mohit, There is drop down menu on the reg

4. Hi Sankha, 

I did not get your query. Can you please elaborate

5. Hello Mohit,

At our registration page we are stuck at the “Payment Mode” where only “CC Avenue” is visible, any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Sankha Ray

6. Hello Sankha, 

Thanks for bringing this up. I have contacted the tech team, I will keep you posted

7. Hello Sankha,

CC Avenue is the only payment option available for IDiya Event. We have checked the application now and it is working fine. Please  pay the amount via CC Avenue option and let us know in case of any issues.

8. mohit, can you pls add the eligibility criteria to the post itself? i’ll be including it in today’s newsletter.

thanks.

9. Done! Thanks 🙂

Comments are now closed for this post.

Lost Password

Register