Ask For Help

Jagriti Yatra 2015- sponsorship ideas and any helpful tips..

Hello,

I, Pooja Gajjar am a 25 year old French language translator & interpreter, animal lover, graphologist and highly passionate about promoting Indian folk Arts.

I have been working as a French language analyst, trainer and translator since 4 years now. But my true passion lies in promoting Indian Folk Arts.

I have travelled to few small villages and met artists and collected folk art from them- Like miniatures from Udaipur, Warli from Tarkali and Chitrkathi from Kudal.

I started my small proprietorship Kalpavalli Arts with a dream to promote Indian Fine Arts on International platforms like BRAFA.

I have been selected for Jagriti Yatra 2015. Yatri ID 5377.

Jagriti Yatra is a 15-day long, annual national train journey that will take 450 young motivated professionals like me, 8000 kilometers across the length and breadth of India, to understand and build the India of smaller towns and villages through enterprise. Through this exercise, Jagriti Yatra aims to form a massive movement by inspiring the youth to take up enterprise-led development. I am one among the 450 people who got selected as a Yatri out of 25,000 applicants from across the world including Europe, USA and even the smaller towns of India.

We will meet role models, change-makers, leaders that started out on a journey just like this one – and made a difference to thousands of lives. Yatra brings like-minded young people across the country from diversified backgrounds who share a common spirit and a goal of becoming an entrepreneur or to bring a social change to the country. For me to travel across the country with 450 co-yatri’s sharing, networking, learning and unlearning from them would be a life-changing experience. 

The Yatra will give me the motivation and experience to follow through my dream and make my dream a reality.

This is a good opportunity to experience spirit of entrepreneurship, and I really want to be on this yatra as a young emerging professional, who is in the process of understanding the diversified challenges and opportunities in various sectors and to get exposure to India’s broader realities.

*Details about Yatra:*

The yatra commences from last week of Dec and goes on till first week of Jan. 12 destinations, 15 role models, 15 days, 8000 kms – 1 train

To take part in Yatra it costs 59,000/- INR

I am excited to take part in the yatra, at the same time I’m afraid that I unable to fully fund myself for the yatra.

*What I will need*

Sponsorship! Amount needed: Rs 59,000 (Part or full sponsorship) That is the only way I will be able to go on this incredible train journey..
Tip: Any tips about the journey from your experiences 🙂

*What I am trying*

I have written to a few ex-yatris- journalists, entrepreneurs and a few NGO that promote the youth; and also old yatra sponsors for the sponsorship.
Can anyone suggest who else I should contact for the same?

I request you to share your ideas and also any tips 🙂

Tweet me @pooja2710

Thanks once again for your support.

– A hopeful yatri

Comments

3 Comments

1. pooja – pls read every single comment on this post – https://www.therodinhoods.com/forum/topics/looking-for-suggestions-and-sponsorship-for-an-off-beat-road-trip

since the train doesn’t offer co-branding options i don’t know if brands will come forth. and since indian folks arts is your interest and forte – pls try to reach out to some platform that would promote a journey like this (provided you will be able to provide them with relevant content during the yatra)

– propose a photo essay.

all the best! 

2.  A photo essay sounds great- Will definitely do that. Thanks 🙂

3. any luck on this pooja? 

have you managed to find a sponsor??

on a separate note – pls check jean-paul’s post – https://www.therodinhoods.com/forum/topics/looking-for-suggestions-sponsorship-for-cinema-movietheater-com

he is a rodinhooder based in france and loves indian cinema. could you pls connect him to any indo-french cultural associations that might be able to help him in any way? 

many thanks. and all the best for your JY.

Comments are now closed for this post.

Lost Password

Register