I am in LOVE!
So, I heard about it yesterday on the viral channels (NO ADVERTISING) and instantly felt CONNECTED.
[ps - In case you live in the Himalayas and still don't know, Junglee.com is an AMAZON Company and has been launched in India as a Price Comparison Portal (for starters).]
Ok - So, WHY do I like Junglee.com so much and so fast?
Junglee.com lets me figure out WHERE I CAN BUY STUFF.
In short - the stuff I want, can be ANYWHERE - Junglee helps me FIND OUT WHERE!
- I want a 'No Country for Old Men' DVD
I type the same on Google. I see Jack Shit (in relevance to what I want)
Ok, so I click on the Left Hand side 'Shopping' tab (after setting Mumbai as my location). I see Monkey Dung (none of these sites or prices make any sense to me)
Ok, so now I go to FLIPKART and see that the movie is out of stock :-(
Hmmmm.... So, I go to my newfound friend - JUNGLEE.com
I FIND what I am looking for in 2 options - Blue Ray and normal DVD!!
And, I BUY THE DVD - from a Store I HAD NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE!!
So, what just happened, thanks to JUNGLEE?
- I found what I wanted!
- I got a choice of formats!!
- I discovered a new site for buying Movies that I had never heard of before!!!
Now, consider another angle:
JUNGLEE GIVES ME A CHOICE THAT IS BEYOND PRICE!!
I type 'Autobiography of a Yogi' on Flipkart.
This is what I see:
There are Audio Books, special old editions (that I may like just for the collector in me), etc. And, for Me the MARWARI - the price range is also there!
This is why I think JUNGLEE is gonna SMASH the Balls of all the e-Commerce players in India:
- Price discovery and end purchase is now taken to a nuclear level.
- By being a discovery and comparison portal ONLY (so no e-commerce), JUNGLEE remains UNBIASED in showing ALL the options available [ps - Flipkart is not there :-)) ]
- I get into the habit of CHECKING FIRST at Junglee. So Junglee is my Google for Shopping.
- If I want DVDs that WORK (yeah - the Indian ones don't sometimes), I can buy them from AMAZON directly (part of the options provided by Junglee). So, I can fulfill my intent - buy BETTER, not just cheap. This is also because of the rating engines of Amazon etc.
- e-Commerce Portals will survive ONLY if they have UNIQUE STUFF to sell - NOT CHEAP PRICE ONLY!!!
- All the stupid money spent in BUILDING BRAND AND IMAGE AND ALL THAT Frog Spit gets washed out. I had never heard of Movie Mart and never will - but who cares? They got my business of Rs 450 today!!
- Junglee (Amazon) will become the Chief Lead Provider. If you don't feature here, YOU ARE DEAD! (dead, as in, you will then spend crores fighting for your brand and to make me remember to come visit you)
- Over a period of time, AMAZON learns what Indians WANT and WHY - and then, they just do it themselves!!!
YEAH, I like this kinda e-Commerce, man....!
You said it Alok ! "Junglee is now the Google for shopping"
You're right boss! I think they nailed it well. :)
And the brand has a connect with Chimpoo too :P
And for a while, Chimpoo has been missing his GURGAVAAAAAN uncle also...
when I am typing Junglee.com in google, its giving me the option of junglee.org.in
yeah! That's just an auto suggester!!
When u know the URL, why are you going to google??
Why don't u just type the url in the browser?!
Happens all the time at my office - ie, folks type amazon.com into their search bar and THEN click on to the (hopefully!) first search result link. In fact, it's the younger guys who use this "technique"! Used to drive me crazy; now, I just accept that this accounts for a lot (most?) of Google's traffic.
yep ..... it surely shows some 'never heard of' kinda sites. good job Amazon ...
Smart thinking by Amazon.com by not trying to do a swadesi to pardesi transformation but keeping the roots simple and making all of us swadesi's go junglee !
I also use indiabooks to compare its really good for books but lots of stores are still missing like Govasool , they should also start for other products like mobiles and other electronics.
I disagree with you guys.Yesterday I checked Junglee.com for buying a laptop.All it had shown me 4 stores ..I.e, homeshop18,futurebazar,dell india and some XYZ store.Their prices and models ain't radical either.They r showing same old bull crap products .Flipkart is doing much better in this aspect .Why are u guys HYPING Junglee.com so much? cuz,its a PHOREN MAAL?