I am in LOVE!
So, I heard about it yesterday on the viral channels (NO ADVERTISING) and instantly felt CONNECTED.
[ps - In case you live in the Himalayas and still don't know, Junglee.com is an AMAZON Company and has been launched in India as a Price Comparison Portal (for starters).]
Ok - So, WHY do I like Junglee.com so much and so fast?
Junglee.com lets me figure out WHERE I CAN BUY STUFF.
In short - the stuff I want, can be ANYWHERE - Junglee helps me FIND OUT WHERE!
- I want a 'No Country for Old Men' DVD
I type the same on Google. I see Jack Shit (in relevance to what I want)
Ok, so I click on the Left Hand side 'Shopping' tab (after setting Mumbai as my location). I see Monkey Dung (none of these sites or prices make any sense to me)
Ok, so now I go to FLIPKART and see that the movie is out of stock :-(
Hmmmm.... So, I go to my newfound friend - JUNGLEE.com
I FIND what I am looking for in 2 options - Blue Ray and normal DVD!!
And, I BUY THE DVD - from a Store I HAD NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE!!
So, what just happened, thanks to JUNGLEE?
- I found what I wanted!
- I got a choice of formats!!
- I discovered a new site for buying Movies that I had never heard of before!!!
Now, consider another angle:
JUNGLEE GIVES ME A CHOICE THAT IS BEYOND PRICE!!
I type 'Autobiography of a Yogi' on Flipkart.
This is what I see:
There are Audio Books, special old editions (that I may like just for the collector in me), etc. And, for Me the MARWARI - the price range is also there!
This is why I think JUNGLEE is gonna SMASH the Balls of all the e-Commerce players in India:
- Price discovery and end purchase is now taken to a nuclear level.
- By being a discovery and comparison portal ONLY (so no e-commerce), JUNGLEE remains UNBIASED in showing ALL the options available [ps - Flipkart is not there :-)) ]
- I get into the habit of CHECKING FIRST at Junglee. So Junglee is my Google for Shopping.
- If I want DVDs that WORK (yeah - the Indian ones don't sometimes), I can buy them from AMAZON directly (part of the options provided by Junglee). So, I can fulfill my intent - buy BETTER, not just cheap. This is also because of the rating engines of Amazon etc.
- e-Commerce Portals will survive ONLY if they have UNIQUE STUFF to sell - NOT CHEAP PRICE ONLY!!!
- All the stupid money spent in BUILDING BRAND AND IMAGE AND ALL THAT Frog Spit gets washed out. I had never heard of Movie Mart and never will - but who cares? They got my business of Rs 450 today!!
- Junglee (Amazon) will become the Chief Lead Provider. If you don't feature here, YOU ARE DEAD! (dead, as in, you will then spend crores fighting for your brand and to make me remember to come visit you)
- Over a period of time, AMAZON learns what Indians WANT and WHY - and then, they just do it themselves!!!
YEAH, I like this kinda e-Commerce, man....!
Amazon wants to smash bigger indian e-commerce players like flipkart and capture complete market .They are going to make smaller players and suppliers as their puppets later like wallmart did in USA .''A BIGGER CONSPIRACY IS ON OFFING''..
It happens all the time.The smaller players will still be gainers if they become Amazon vendors later.One of my friend was selling gift items online in USA.He was on the verge of closing when he got connected with Amazon and became their vendor.Now he is doing appx 50 orders a day and profitable.If you can't beat them join them.
Flipkart is in the process of acquiring letsbuy.com for 25 million $
Letsbuy.com is termed as the India's 2nd largest E-Commerce portal. The first being Flipkart.
If letsbuy is 25 mill wondering how big Flipkart can be in real !!
Hehe.. i do the same. Search is really pathetic.
yeah...junglee.com looks pretty "breakthru clutter" kinda e-comm portal !!
there shud be some norms by the finance & tech ministries to control the FDI in e-commerce or else people like amazon will eat up oall fish in the indian e-comm sea, like a shark !! - u have a point RohitN
Will take a while for Junglee to come anywhere close to others in India. Ordered a book on Junglee. Still waiting for the order to get processed.. forget getting the book!... over a week now and I even forgot what I ordered!!
Samir, I am equally confused!
Are you sure you ordered on junglee.com?
Coz thats a Comparative Search Engine for Shopping - not a shopping site itself!
It's one step ahead of google - they list AND let you compare who is offering what and then you click OUT and buy!?
I bought my movie in the above example from moviemart.in - not from junglee.com!?
Alok, I know Junglee is the aggregator. So I went to the site, it showed three options on where I can buy my book from. I chose the option and my order was under process... and then nothing! Now for me, their partner is not at fault.. Junglee is.. simply because they are my interface... that is where I login. It is like the airport authority and DGCA might screw up to delay my flight but usually airlines is held responsible for the delay!
then i guess flipkart is best for you!
(Ps - Junglee IS THE AIRPORT - the vendor is the airline!!)
awesome analogy :)