I am in LOVE!
So, I heard about it yesterday on the viral channels (NO ADVERTISING) and instantly felt CONNECTED.
[ps - In case you live in the Himalayas and still don't know, Junglee.com is an AMAZON Company and has been launched in India as a Price Comparison Portal (for starters).]
Ok - So, WHY do I like Junglee.com so much and so fast?
Junglee.com lets me figure out WHERE I CAN BUY STUFF.
In short - the stuff I want, can be ANYWHERE - Junglee helps me FIND OUT WHERE!
- I want a 'No Country for Old Men' DVD
I type the same on Google. I see Jack Shit (in relevance to what I want)
Ok, so I click on the Left Hand side 'Shopping' tab (after setting Mumbai as my location). I see Monkey Dung (none of these sites or prices make any sense to me)
Ok, so now I go to FLIPKART and see that the movie is out of stock :-(
Hmmmm.... So, I go to my newfound friend - JUNGLEE.com
I FIND what I am looking for in 2 options - Blue Ray and normal DVD!!
And, I BUY THE DVD - from a Store I HAD NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE!!
So, what just happened, thanks to JUNGLEE?
- I found what I wanted!
- I got a choice of formats!!
- I discovered a new site for buying Movies that I had never heard of before!!!
Now, consider another angle:
JUNGLEE GIVES ME A CHOICE THAT IS BEYOND PRICE!!
I type 'Autobiography of a Yogi' on Flipkart.
This is what I see:
There are Audio Books, special old editions (that I may like just for the collector in me), etc. And, for Me the MARWARI - the price range is also there!
This is why I think JUNGLEE is gonna SMASH the Balls of all the e-Commerce players in India:
- Price discovery and end purchase is now taken to a nuclear level.
- By being a discovery and comparison portal ONLY (so no e-commerce), JUNGLEE remains UNBIASED in showing ALL the options available [ps - Flipkart is not there :-)) ]
- I get into the habit of CHECKING FIRST at Junglee. So Junglee is my Google for Shopping.
- If I want DVDs that WORK (yeah - the Indian ones don't sometimes), I can buy them from AMAZON directly (part of the options provided by Junglee). So, I can fulfill my intent - buy BETTER, not just cheap. This is also because of the rating engines of Amazon etc.
- e-Commerce Portals will survive ONLY if they have UNIQUE STUFF to sell - NOT CHEAP PRICE ONLY!!!
- All the stupid money spent in BUILDING BRAND AND IMAGE AND ALL THAT Frog Spit gets washed out. I had never heard of Movie Mart and never will - but who cares? They got my business of Rs 450 today!!
- Junglee (Amazon) will become the Chief Lead Provider. If you don't feature here, YOU ARE DEAD! (dead, as in, you will then spend crores fighting for your brand and to make me remember to come visit you)
- Over a period of time, AMAZON learns what Indians WANT and WHY - and then, they just do it themselves!!!
YEAH, I like this kinda e-Commerce, man....!
Ah but that is the point of difference! Online shopping space is the AIRPORT... and Junglee is one of the airlines for me! just like flipkart is another airline.. Am at the airport looking for the best and the experience drives my preferences.
That's lucky - for what you wanted was Out of Stock at Flipkart. Had it been IN STOCK -
Junglee needs to do some serious auditing.
I check for Galaxy Note on Junglee.com and was shocked to see it priced at Rs. 29,999 as I knew it is not available for below 32,000.
In a hurry, I click to view the sellers site (Buytheprice.com) and when the link got directed to the official website, the price listed there was Rs.32,700.
This will always happen with Junglee....and if this remains the same - JUNGLEE wouldn't work.
1- Junglee doesn't collect price information - Its the sellers who upload it. And sellers most often put in lesser prices in order to appear at the top in the price list. ( Bad means to drive traffic )
2- Sellers keep changing the prices, and its an additional WORK for them to upload the latest prices on junglee.
3- Junglee has large number of local stores (who are not online stores) - They are here for free Ad. They'll be too busy managing their counter than uploading price information daily on Junglee.
Same thing happens with naaptol - its all wrong information when you compare prices.
Juglee has a robust system in place to check price variations it immediately warns the seller if their is a price difference in sellers site and display ad on junglee.The seller is suppose to update the price at Junglee as soon as he changes the price on his website.In the Galaxy note case I guess the seller is intentionally doing it or not that efficient to update the price on Junglee website.I am sure Junglee is quite capable of sorting out these issues going forward.