I just posted this one facebook:
I'm sitting in a rodinhood open house in the 3rd row. A guy next to me says, "Hi, what's your name? How long have you been a member of The Rodinhoods? Do u like it?"
I smile and say, "I've been an old member. Let's talk post the session..."
I slowly slink away, walk outside the conference and cry tears of joy...
Founders become extinct when a real network is created.
I want to become extinct...
Thoughts for discussion:
- founders are important only to kickstart something
- the fact that someone is always better than you is reason enough to pass the baton
- true independence comes only when a company or brand or a movement is free of a person's identity
- who knows off hand the people who started landmark forum or burning man or more importantly TED (i mean don't go looking up google)
- making a founder extinct makes a movement almost perpetual!
Founders never become extinct Alok, they become the guiding light for the people who they have ensured have become leaders and post that the leaders drive us to comfort of being non operational, which in itself is a big blessing having built a company and several leaders along with it.
What that does therefore is gives you all the time in the world to do the things you love the most apart from running in the rat race, in your case you will write even more, do more meditation, have more conversations on enlightenment with Yoda and finally get on to your Vipasnas.
I wont be surprised to see you being a enlightened soul in 5yrs from now giving rationale to human beings who are in trouble. Your guidance and direction through various knowledge you have will bring in more wisdom to a lot of scattered thought process of the wayward in this world.
For all you know there might be more well balanced entrepreneurs, human beings and peaceful souls in 10yrs from now than what it is in this rat race that each of us are in. You wont be extinct ever but will leave a legendary footprint for many to follow.
Let there be light :-)
you're my hero of the day!