Am looking to start my own small cafe with a gift shop in New Delhi, very close to Barakhamba road, the place is a ground floor with a space of about 500 sq feets and I have 2 more floors to expand if it kicks off, its inside a market with a daily footfall of around 300-500 ppl on weekends and about 150-200 on weekdays.
- I own the place so there's no direct liability of rentals to worry about, but ofcourse it should justify the rental income which is lost by opening the cafe.
- I've no prior experience of running a cafe or a shop so really looking for someone who has an experience into the same to share the bits and pieces and important things on how to run a cafe.
- I plan to keep this cafe open from about 9 am to about 10 pm, does that means I need to run this as 2 shifts operations
- What are the legalities involved in running a cafe and a shop like MCD, Delhi police, fire service permissions and all
- What are the peripheral possible income sources to run the cafe e.g. livemedia, is there an agency who can facilitate such things
- How about a software for billing and inventory
- How about trademark, copyright issues related to naming my cafe?
- How can I make it more engaging and ppl-friendly?
I will addon as more things come to my mind, but please let me know anything related to the same :)
Thanks a ton!
I am interested, can you email me more details?
Hey Ishaan, my email is email@example.com, let me know what more details you need and how you can help :)
Hi Amit,Regards to your post today.Please feel free to mail me and share your number at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am sure that some thing could be worked out. For more visit www.infinityrealestate.co.in.
No Charges for fellow Rodinhooders.
Thanks Gurpreet, let me know how you can help? I've emailed you my contact no.
Hey Gurpreet, havent heard from you?
I guess, I didn’t receive a mail from you with your phone number and your email id.
Anyways, have picked your mail id from here and have mailed you a while back.
Well, i think you need to just learn more about Chaipatty Teafe in Bangalore. Its a place with a difference. The use of earthen pots, bamboo chairs and the menu with maggi noodles being served etc is really nice. I am not asking you to implement the same but it can serve as an awesome example. Your menu has to be really appealing to the crowd to return to your cafe. So, your customer acquisition will depend on the menu as well as the ambiance. Why don't you offer Free Wi-Fi and make it a hub spot..? there is so much experimentation that you can do along with a gift store.
Thanks buddy, working on something quite innovative myself :)
PS : Just to add a bit more info, this place is located about 500 mts from Barakhamba road, but not sure how I can get people to come across those 500 mts and spend time here, am quite keen on promoting it as an alternative to Cha bar as thats closed now , but not sure how I can promote various small events and workshops e.g. startups media events, small chat sessions among various groups of ppl ?
Really looking forward to more ideas :)
Hey Amit, i have been a student entrepreneur and that too in Foods & Beverage industry which won many accolades. So my experience could be of great help as i had also started from scratch. Also can a small idea after reading this and looking at the pics. Do write back on email@example.com. Would be keen to hear from you.