News

TheRodinhoods Bangalore Open House (Sept. 27, 2014) Agenda!!

Bengaluru…. Here we come!

It’s been a long gap – yes we know! But we shall make up for lost time!

The Bangalore Open House is on Sept. 27, 2014 (Saturday).  Pls check out venue details and RSVP HERE!

And if you’d like to be a part of the Organising Team – Please fill this form to volunteer and YELL & TELL in the comments as well – Prashant wants to put a team together ASAP! We will need help with event organization, venue coordination (a person to assist Prashant), mike running, social media, live blogging, event reporting and photography! We are also open to more ideas!

We’ve been evolving as we go along.  Each OH means new mistakes, new learnings, fresh ideas, better execution and renewed enthusiasm! Our themes revolve around pillars such as,

#learning

#inspiring

#sharing

#networking

What we do promise you, however, is that we’ll always be predictably unpredictable 🙂

The Plan: UPDATED 18.9.14 PLS CHECK TWEAKED AGENDA!

2:00 – 2:15 pm: Welcome

2:15 – 2:45 pm:  Launches @TRHOH:

ApnaStock (Platform For Construction Material) by Vinit Bhansali 

Parallelo (Take the Guesswork out of Sales work) by Kiran Kumar

2:45 – 3:00 pm: Alok’s special presentation

3:00 – 3:45 pm: Matching- Making @TRHOH: Presentations by Rodinhooders

3:45 – 4:15 pm: Create a Startup – CAS – Theme: Apps for Apple Watch

4:15 – 4:30 pm: In Conversation with Rudrajeet

4:30 – 5:00 pm: ASK ALOK ANYTHING! 

5:00 – 5:30 pm: Group Photo, Networking & AOY! 

Open House Proposed Agenda (we’re gonna toss it around quite a bit depending on your response!):

2:00 – 2:15 pm

Welcome address by Alok (Founder) and presentation of Agenda by our Anchor Rohith V

2:15 – 2:45pm

LAUNCH at TheRodinhoods! #sharing

UPDATED 18.9.14

ApnaStock (Platform For Construction Material) by Vinit Bhansali 

Parallelo (Take the Guesswork out of Sales work) by Kiran Kumar

Have you launched a new product? A new app? A new venture? Have you just started up? And haven’t had the opportunity to tell the whole world?! Is there something exciting you’ve been upto and really wanna share it?! 

Then this spot is reserved for you! Nothing makes us happier than launching a Rodinhooder at every Open House across all cities. Download this PPT template and send it to asha@rodinhood.com LATEST BY 15TH SEPT. One rodinhooder will get a chance to launch!

2:45 – 3:00pm 

Alok’s Special Presentation #learning

3:15-3:45pm: (30mins presentations + 30 mins interaction)

Matching- Making @TRHOH: Presentations by Rodinhooders #networking

I HAVE TECH but need business
vs
I’VE GOT A BUSINESS
but no tech person

Are you RED or BLACK?!

Do you have tech but don’t know what to do with it?

Do you have a great business idea but don’t have a techie or the knowledge to take it forward??

Who knows, you might meet the right person – your yin or yang – right here!

Image source 

In this session, SIX FOUR Rodinhooders – 3 2 Tech (RED) and 3 2 Biz (BLACK) will be given the opportunity to present themselves and their requirements. Each participant will get 5 mins each (you will be timed!). And in the end, all 6 4 participants will have an interactive session with Alok and the audience. For a chance to present your case, send your story by downloading and filling-in THE RED OR BLACK PPT FORMAT to asha@rodinhood.com LATEST BY 20TH SEPT, 2014. The final 6 4 presenters will be shortlisted by the editorial team (comprising Alok and me). Pls stick to the PPT format! 

Repeat – Pls fill out the RED or BLACK PPT TEMPLATES (depending on what you are!).

3:45 – 4:15pm 

CAS – Create a Startup! #learning

Theme: Apps for Apple Watch!

About CAS: Ever built a startup from scratch, on-the-spot and live amidst an audience? We’ve done it three times! Check out what we did in Mumbai in March (plus size lingerie!).  Alok will lead-in and then everyone from the audience will pitch ideas and we will build a LIVE PPT involving the FIVE W’s right there on stage!! This is a unique session – a learning exercise on the whole “think-through” process of starting up, conceived by Alok and is EXHILARATING! 

Alok has come up with a rocking theme: 
Apps for Apple Watch.

So think Apps.

Think how the Apple Watch will change our life.

And think of app ideas you would love to build for Apple Watch!

image source

Send your App Idea (explain it a bit) to asha@rodinhood.com  LATEST BY 19thTH SEPT. One rodinhooder’s idea will be shortlisted for Alok and the sunshine band (that’s the audience!) to blow up, build on and help take it forward! 

4:15-4:30pm

In Conversation with Rudrajeet Desai (Co-founder  & CEO of Ideacts Innovations) #inspiring

‘Breaking Out and Making Big’ is Rudrajeet’s recently published “no-nonsense” book on the learnings from his own entrepreneurial experiences of the past 6 years. This session will be a quick chat with Rudrajeet followed by a Q & A with the audience!

“Entrepreneurship cannot be taught or learnt from someone else. The very essence of entrepreneurship is that it needs one individual to start something from scratch and run it with his own philosophy and ideology. But, one can draw inspiration from others and take their own decisions and create their own philosophy. ‘Breaking Out and Making Big’ just helps you with that inspiration to carve your own path to success.”

4:30 – 5:00pm 

ASK ALOK ANYTHING!

This is an open session where you can Ask Alok Anything pertaining to your startup – share your problem, seek advice, opinions, ask for insights. This is a great opportunity to get Alok’s undivided attention. Ask him and we’ll all collectively try to solve your problem! 

5:00 – 5:30pm

The Customary Group Photo, Networking & AOY! 

Mingle, mingle, mingle! Click, click, click!!

Distribution of 75 free copies of the Autobiography of Yogi by Alok. This is a world record attempt!

DON’T FORGET TO RSVP HERE!!

Pls carry any photo ID for security purposes at the ThoughtWorks entrance. 

Special thanks to our Venue Partner for hosting us (and providing us FREE WIFI) !!  

“ThoughtWorks is a software company and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients’ toughest challenges. 

Our consulting services are focused on optimising IT organisations, technology, testing, Continuous Delivery, and Experience Design, among others. Our pioneering Agile development tools – Mingle®, Go™ and Twist® – help our clients continuously improve and deliver quality software for their most critical needs. Our training offerings are interactive, intensive, and infused with real-world examples of agile project management and continuous delivery. 

We work with people and organisations who have ambitious missions – whether they are in the commercial, social, or government sectors – while seeking to revolutionise the IT industry and create positive social change”

A big shout out to Gautham H & Prashant for enabling this!

Kudos to Team Bangalore for showing so much enthusiasm!

Comments

12 Comments

1. Hi ,

I would like join the event. Please let me know if you need any help.

Thanks

Kannapiran

2. Hi Asha,

I am ready to volunteer.  Kindly share the details.

3. Will be there.

Thanks,
    Dipti

4. I’m available to volunteer. Is there something I can help with?

5. hey all,

thanks for being so awesome. 

we’ve added a form to fill to volunteer to make it easier. also, feel free to holler here – what you’d like to do – event organization, venue coordination (a person to assist Prashant), mike running, social media, live blogging, event reporting, photography or anything else?!!

6. hey all,

i’ll reach out to all of you tomo and we can sort out your roles for the OH!!

🙂

7. Hi,

I would like to attend the Open House. looking forward to a great learning session.

Regards

Sourav Gattani

8. Yes Asha, i have rsvped now!!

9. Hi,

I am also coming 🙂

10. awesome! see you all real soon!!

#excited 🙂

11. Hi Guys,

So exciting to see so much of enthusiasm and energy from everyone for the upcoming open house on Saturday 🙂

Lets make this the best open house we have seen yet!

Please feel free to call me on :- +91-8095686043 to discuss more on volunteering.

🙂

Comments are now closed for this post.

Lost Password

Register