News

TheRodinhoods Mumbai Open House (July 19, 2014) Agenda!!

Hey, hey, hey!

TheRodinhoods Open House is back and crazier than ever! But have you recovered from last time yet?! We don’t have any lingerie-talk for you, but read on and get ready to be rocked BIG time!

The Mumbai Open House is on July 19, 2014 (Saturday).  Pls check out venue details and RSVP HERE! And if you’d like to be a part of the Organising Team – pls YELL & TELL here – Sushrut wants to put a team together ASAP!

Thank you NSE for being our awesome Venue Partner!

We’ve been evolving as we go along. And try to tweak and amplify each edition. Our themes will revolve around pillars such as,

#learning

#inspiring

#sharing

#networking

What we do promise you, however, is that we’ll always be predictably unpredictable 🙂

The Plan in a glance:

1:45 – 2:pm: Plugged-in @TRHOH – jamming with Shawn & Samarth (yep – we’re starting early this time so skip dessert and REACH EARLY!)

2:00 – 2:15 pm: Welcome

2:15 – 2:30pm:  Launch @TRHOH

2:30 – 3:00pm: KeyChat session with Rohit Sobti & Alok 

3:00 – 3:20pm: Boot-tapping with Indie Yogi

3:20 – 4:20pm: Matching- Making @TRHOH: Presentations by Rodinhooders

4:20 – 4:35pm: Rajat Das –The incredible power of crowdfunding

4:35 – 5:05pm: CAS

5:05 – 5:30pm: Group Photo, Networking & AOY! 

Open House Proposed Agenda (we’re gonna toss it around and surprise you a bit though!):

1:45 – 2:00pm

Plugged-in @TRHOH – jamming with Shawn & Samarth

Samarth Dabral is known for his extract and pure vocals and Shawn Edwards for his vibrant and ecstatic guitar and keyboards tunes. We’re kicked to have Shawn & Samarth Live plugging-in to the OH excitement!!

2:00 – 2:15 pm

Welcome address by Alok (Founder) and presentation of Agenda by our anchor/s

2:15 – 2:30pm

LAUNCH at TheRodinhoods! #sharing

MY CUTE OFFICE [UPDATE: JULY 11, 2014]

Have you launched a new product? A new app? A new venture? Have you just started up? And haven’t had the opportunity to tell the whole world?! Is there something exciting you’ve been upto and really wanna share it?! 

Then this spot is earmarked for you! Nothing makes us happier than launching a Rodinhooder at every Open House across all cities. Download this PPT template and send it to asha@rodinhood.com LATEST BY JULY 5TH. One rodinhooder will get a chance to launch!

2:30 – 3:00pm 

KeyChat Session with Rohit Sobti & Alok

The Business of Bollywood – and we’re NOT talking about Movies! #inspiring

rohitsobti

Rohit Sobti is currently working as Vice President – Licensing & Merchandising  Yash Raj Films Pvt. Ltd. Yash Raj Films (YRF) is the leading player in the Indian film industry and India’s premier independent Studio conglomerate. In his 18 years of illustrious career in the Entertainment Sector, he has worked closely with various music publishers, record labels, Film Theatre and Television channels in India and Overseas.  

3:00 – 3:20pm

Boot-tapping with Indie Yogi #sharing

We have some really intriguing rodinhooders in the house! This one will share his amazing story and sweep you off your feet as well!

3:20-4:20pm: (30mins presentations + 30 mins interaction)

Matching- Making @TRHOH: Presentations by Rodinhooders #networking

I HAVE TECH but need business (RED)
vs
I’VE GOT A BUSINESS
but no tech person (BLACK)

Are you RED or BLACK?!

Do you have tech but don’t know what to do with it?

Do you have a great business idea but don’t have a techie or the knowledge to take it forward??

Who knows, you might meet the right person – your yin or yang – right here!

Image source – wallfoy.com

In this session, SIX Rodinhooders – 3 Tech (RED) and 3 Biz (BLACK) will be given the opportunity to present themselves and their requirements. Each participant will get 5 mins each (you will be timed!). And in the end, all 6 participants will have an interactive session with Alok and the audience. For a chance to present your case, send your story by downloading and filling-in THE RED OR BLACK PPT FORMAT to asha@rodinhood.com LATEST BY 11TH JULY, 2014. The final 6 presenters will be shortlisted by the editorial team (comprising Alok and me). Pls stick to the PPT format! 

Repeat – Pls fill out the RED or BLACK PPT TEMPLATES (depending on what you are!).

4:20-4:35pm

Rajat Das – The incredible power of crowdfunding #inspiring

rajat

Rajat, one of the co-founders of TheHotStart is coming all the way from Delhi to talk to us on how crowdfunding can assist Rodinhooders in raising funds for their next innovative project.

4:35 – 5:05pm 

CAS – Create a Startup! #learning

Theme: Apps, not Games!

‘An Anonymity in the Network App’  [UPDATE: JULY 11, 2014]

About CAS: Ever built a startup from scratch, on-the-spot and live amidst an audience? We’ve done it twice! Check out what we did in Mumbai last time (plus size lingerie!).  Alok will lead-in and then everyone from the audience will pitch ideas and we will build a LIVE PPT involving the FIVE W’s right there on stage!! This is a unique session – a learning exercise on the whole “think-through” process of starting up, conceived by Alok and is EXHILARATING!

Apps, not Games: Are you thinking about apps, not games? Do you believe in apps and been toying with an app idea but don’t know if it’s worth pursuing? Would you like us to flesh it out? If so, write to asha@rodinhood.com with your app idea LATEST BY 5TH JULY. One rodinhooder’s idea will be shortlisted for Alok and The Startup Band (that’s the audience!) to blow up, build on and help take it forward! 

5:05 – 5:30pm

The Customary Group Photo, Networking & AOY! 

Mingle, mingle, mingle! Click, click, click!!

Distribution of 100 free copies of the Autobiography of Yogi by Alok. This is a world record attempt!

DON’T FORGET TO RSVP HERE!!

Pls carry any photo ID for security purposes at the NSE entrance.

If you are a tee winner – PLS WEAR YOUR RODINHOOD TEE!! 

Special thanks to our Venue Partner:  The National Stock Exchange!!

NSE has launched innovative platforms for SMEs. –  “EMERGE”, where SME company can raise capital and list themselves and “EMERGE-ITP”, where Start-Ups and young companies can get listed without IPO. These platforms play an important role in converging the start-up ecosystem and channelizing risk capital to growing companies.

To know more about the platform, visit www.nseindia.com/emerge or write to emerge@nse.co.in

OUR CHAI PARTNER: ChotuChaiWala.com (and Team Zepo)

Kudos to Team Mumbai for showing so much enthusiasm!

Comments

11 Comments

1. Really psyched about attending my first Open House Session. Can’t wait to see you all on 19th.

2. same here rajat!!

3. Yay! I’ve been waiting for this from a long time!! 🙂

4. Asha – your “yin and yang” reminded me of this funny scene from HBO SV  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5cZp55ri5A

p.s. sorry i know it’s not relevant to TRHOH but had to share it. 

5. Always been a power packed session.!

6. :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

7. hey all the agenda has been updated a bit – the rest is still under wraps!

see you soon!!

8. Will miss it this time  🙁  but yess fellow Rodinhoods coming up from Delhi esp. to join the gang.. and 1 (Anamika)  has already reached Mumbai 😀

Asha, would love if you can share the presentation post the Mumbai Open House.. 

aah.. I’ll still be a part as a Social Enthusiast from Delhi 😀

9. anybody from Pune wants to carpool? I will be leaving at around 10 am.

10. Me and another Rodinhooder Devdatta Puntambekar are surely coming. Can we both join in? Omkar : +919850230070

11. music an all huh ! this one’s gonna be too big..and u know what ! this is what it should be..a celebration of the lives we live..when we are trying to follow our dreams..have fun ! will miss u guys ! and would be anxiously waiting for the pics..and i hope Roomys is big enough so that i can fly out for every open house 🙂

Comments are now closed for this post.

Lost Password

Register