News

Weekly Newsletter: April 25 – May 1, 2015

Blueprints, TwitterHacks, Frankly.me, ZestZeal, Serendipity and where are the Geeks?

Kem Cho Rodinhooder!

Is the heat getting to you?! Right now I’m enjoying Gujarat’s summer offering of 41 degrees 🙂

Y’day morning Alok said an interesting thing on over social media: “Entrepreneurs should have their own “mileage” meter. How many meets done and people met…”

I met three very inspiring people y’day. Sairee Chahal who happens to be my neighbour in Delhi and an inspiration to millions of women! She told me some amazing things that happen at SHEROES!

Sandeep – An Indigo team member who is probably the most efficient airlines dude I’ve ever met! He zooms to you, asks you for your ticket and boom before you can tell your child not to run away with the trolley, he prints out your boarding pass from a secret printer 🙂

And Paul from UK. Who just returned from Nepal. He was at Mt. Everest when the earthquake occurred. He described it to me and how he and his friends escaped, unhurt. My child pointed out to a scratch on his hand, which he said happened before the quake from the bark of a tree! And that one of his toes is numb owing to temperature (-40 degrees) at the summit he climbed (6500 mts high). As I listened to his goosebumpy story, I asked him if he’d shared all this with anyone yet. He poignantly told me, “My story is one of the average ones, meant only for friends.” And yet, in those few minutes, he shared it with me – a complete stranger.

Through these 3 “meetings” I learnt important lessons on: solving a real problem & creating a valuable venture, creating customer delight and humility – all in one day!

Everyone has a story. But do share yours. You never know how you can touch other people’s lives with your stories. 

Coming to the week that was in Rodinhoodland…

Sizzling Hot!

So this is super crazy awesome! Check out how rodinhooder Karan grew from 300 to 5k followers on twitterin just 3 weeks!! #TwitterHack 

Hear Adobe experts tell you how to turn Analytics into Action to win over competition in a Webinar. 

Hardik shares tips on how running a biz has taught him to save!

Straight from the Oven!

Frankly.Me – a non-realtime video QnA platform that allows users to ask questions in the text format, and get answered in video selfies. They are disrupting startup hiring! 

GiveTab – an idea to collect funds for #NepalQuake victims 

ZestZeal – an online store discovery platform 

The Blueprint – a guide for your financial life and wealth creation from Finqa!

Roasted Feedback please!

Prateek is planning to start a monthly movie subscription app – what do you think of it?

This rodinhooder has created a brand user engaging game! Will he get advertisers?

Rodinhooder Aditya needs some suggestions for an F&B franchise in Guwahati!

How to improve Alexa ranking and does it matter?

Almost everyone and their neighbour are looking for a Tech Co-founder! Where are you guys??!! #JOBS

Since we’re talking about Co-founders… here’s what you can learn from Calvin and Hobbes!

My “gyaan” of the week – talk to your co-founder as often as you can. Bounce ideas. Share. Keep those communication channels open at all times. It’s amazing how awesomeness happens when you simply talk! 

think.do.be.cool.stay.cool.

moo! from burning hot milk city!

asha chaudhry

co-founder & editor

asha@rodinhood.com 

facebook 

twitter

Comments

Lost Password

Register