News

Weekly Newsletter: Aug 16-22, 2014

Being Proactive, Toilets, Anonymous Mails, Garam Chai and No Coffee for Rodinya…

My dear Rodinhood,

There’s a bit of everything in today’s newsletter! And that’s what I love about trhs. We’re such a diverse community!!

Whenever I get a chance to speak with Alok, I try to ask him basic startup questions, no matter how child-like they may seem! ‘Coz the more you ask, the more clarity you get, right?! So very often I ask him about hiring, firing, funding, funding, funding 🙂

image source

Moving on to the stories of the week…

The Big Catches

Being Proactive is ABSOLUTELY essential! You will surely relate to Sushrut’s second article in #StartupMuddyShoes

Rodinhood went to a Coffee Shop that didn’t entertain him. Did he get dejected? Nope. He created a whole gamification idea for the hotel instead!

Garam Chai + Mumbai Open House = Awesomeness 🙂

Startups on Fire!

MailFromMe – wanna send anonymous mails? Go ahead but spare me please!!

AuctionTheProperty – platform for real estate transactions

Right to Information – a free app! 

Mixed Bag

Age is just a number says Kriti in her latest Comic!

The whole game of anonymity as decoded by Anamika…

Rodinhooder Saurabh got fu**ed (it’s not what you’re thinking….!)

We’ve been struck by the ice bucket challenge as well! Nikhil has created a unique way of taking up the challenge though….

Our Video section is tanking up on exciting stuff. Sunaina has started adding startup-related content so keep checking it out! 

ASK is exploding!! Do contribute by answering the q’s you can!

This week seems to be Event-crazy! Do check out all the events so you don’t miss any of the action!

Delhi – Lean Startup Machine ran a contest and Ashutosh Kumar won a free ticket to the workshop! We’ll look forward to his summary… 

Mumbai – HR Summit 2014 – 5 free tickets for HR Professionals are up for grabs! 

Enjoy some eChai on Saturday too!

Bangalore – we are trying to organise an Open House next month and Team Bangalore is looking for a venue partner to host us. Pls suggest venue ideas (for 160-180 ppl) to prashant.sharma@headstart.in asap so we can rock the city!!

My fav post of the week was Himanshu’s. Not because it has anything to do with the PM’s call. But because having toilet facilities is a basic human right. Every village school in India deserves toilets with running water. Pls give this a quiet thought instead of wasting water… 

think. do. be. yourself. unique. and shining.

make a difference.

fondly,

asha chaudhry

editor

asha@rodinhood.com 

facebook 

twitter

Comments

Lost Password

Register