News

Weekly Newsletter: Feb 21-27, 2015

Mumbai Open House, Apple Watch Apps, Augment, Gold Rush and kuch Utpatang!

My dear Rodinhood,

It’s been announced – the FIRST TRHS OPEN HOUSE OF THE YEAR HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED.  And it’s in MUMBAI!

Yeah. We’re back. With incredible surprises. “We will rock you” is an understatement! So stay tuned – we’re gonna announce the “I-don’t-have-an-adjective-for-it” agenda real soon!! In the meanwhile RSVP HERE to be a part of the most happening event in town!

As always, we’ll need VOLUNTEERS to help us organize the event. So if you’re interested, PAINT YOUR NAME HERE!

This week I had movies and content on my mind.

So the Oscars go to…

Rodinhooder Prashant has never covered an event before. But if you read his takeaways from a recent TiE event on FUNDING – you’d never think so! Pls bookmark this post, there are lots of interesting pitching tips for first timers here!! #RodinStar

We all remembered Steve Jobs on his b’day; and as a small tribute, we’ve put up some App ideas for Apple Watch (suggested by fellow rodinhooders in B’lore) – pls share your ideas or tell us WHY the listed ideas WILL OR WON’T work!

The new gold rush – funding of companies in the ecom space! Everyone’s fav topic ! And Naveen just stirred the pot!! 🙂

We’ve got some great webinars in our Video section courtesy Digital Vidya. Watch the founder of Shack Co. talk on the future of Digital Marketing: Brand Communities.

Rodinhooder Darshan has started compiling the RodinStar posts of 2015 – this is one post you ought to follow!

Startup Score!

Augment –Manage your cloud apps from Gmail

Utpatang – making startup spaces interesting – this crazy idea needs serious validation!!

Best Script – Good Luck Contest ends March 2!

It’s heartening to see so many interesting #goodluck stories come through. There are still a few days to go to win Ashwin Sanghi’s latest book ’13 Steps to Bloody Good Luck’. And there are 500 COPIES TO BE WON – so pls pen down your story this weekend for sure!!  

Btw…. the first 25 winners have got their books already!!

Anoop Nair wrote about growing up in a middle class family. And the fact that at just 27 he’s already bought a flat in Chennai… ! Read his good luck story of struggles and sweet success.

Lots more to share but I would like you to read them all here.

Supporting Roles:

Insistence on Persistence – Kriti’s new comic

Rodinhooder Mohul is a writer. He’s doing some research for his next fiction book and needs help from some Manufacturing Ninjas in the house! Pls help him – he’s gonna be FAMOUS pretty soon!!

Best Performance (RodinWriter): Rishi Gorantala

Rishi is one Rodinhooder worth following. He is an amazing writer. And breathes everything tech & startup!! The quintessential Rodinhooder, he’s in the Bay Area right now, so if you feel like catching up with him over coffee tweet him @go_rishi  

Keep yourself updated with all the latest happenings on trhs via FB and Twitter.

Last week our newsletter was full of Biryani and Startup Khichadi. In case you’ve missed any – you can FIND THEM ALL HERE!

Even though Lego didn’t win an Oscar, say EVERYTHING IS AWESOOOOOOME!! And make it awesome!

think.do.be.fun.

fondly,

asha chaudhry

co-founder & editor

asha@rodinhood.com 

facebook 

twitter

Comments

2 Comments

1. The quintessential Rodinhooder” 🙂 Thanks Asha.

2. ps: happy b’day!

Comments are now closed for this post.

Lost Password

Register