News

Weekly Newsletter: May 2-8, 2015

Paper that Grows, Contest Learnings, App Traction, OH Videos & an Amazing Woman Entrepreneur!

My dear Rodinhooder,

We’ve had an exciting content-week in Rodinhoodland :). Brilliant ideas, great learnings and personal stories that deserve to be applauded, have been shared. I hope some of these posts inspire you to share your content as well!

Meet The Plantable Seed Paper from 21 Fools – you can grow a plant from it!! Divyanshu tells us how Flipkart can make millions of people grow plants. I just love his product and the idea – how about you? Do share his idea around if you love it too!! I’m sure many other startups could use his wonderful paper!!

The Banyan Tree:

What is the definition of success for a women entrepreneur? Read Pallavi’s story and salute her. #RodinStar

Karthik has shared some amazing learnings how his team doubled their traffic increased user engagement through a contest and how you can too!

Test drive these 4 elements to increase mobile app traction, says Rahul Varshneya!

Rudrajeet tells you how to calculate equity dilution in an investment round…!

The Garden of TRHS Open House Videos!

Entrepreneurship and New Media – Watch Suresh Venkat & Arun Prabhudesai in an incredible conversation with Alok! 

Watch Crowdfunding in India – Does it work…? featuring Hemanshu & Rishi? Also read what worked for the Diabeto crowdfunding campaign. 

For those you just entered and would like to know what the fuss is about – read Mohul’s summary of our Mumbai Open House in March. All the video links have been added here. So sab maal idhar hai!!!

Just Bloomed:

Fresher2Coder – a learning platform to learn how to code! 

A new UX! If you’ve had a problem with members/customers missing your emails as they go to different tabs – you might want to check what Sanjay has come up with. Do give your feedback!!

Seeds for thought…

Vinit’s opinion on the real losers in the housing.com implosion.

What’s the future of ecom in India if all original retailers give tough competition to online retailers?

If Data Driven Digital Marketing interests you, watch this webinar.

Shedding Startup Shells – from Sushrut’s basket!

The Grass is…

Up for a barter? Ashish needs a logo + some responsive pages designed…

There are far too many q’s in ASK & JOB opportunities for me to share with you. So don’t miss going through them!

On a personal note, next week I will be out of action for a few days; but we have some rockstar admins helping me out! Yes, it’s the first time that I will be totally away from trhs :).  Sushrut has kindly offered to moderate content at night so please be patient and co-operate with him!! In case we’re unable to do a newsletter next Friday, just log in and feel at home :). It’s your community and always will be.

This whole week I was reminded of an article Alok wrote a long time ago – So what happens if you get run over by a truck? Got me thinking, we all need a Plan B…

think.do.be.incredible.always.

wishing you a blessed weekend. talk to you when i’m back 🙂

love & luck,

asha chaudhry

co-founder & editor

asha@rodinhood.com 

facebook 

twitter

Comments

Lost Password

Register