News

Weekly Newsletter: Sept.13-19, 2014

Exit Letters, Renting Stuff, Finding Schools, Cakeman, Fortune Cookies & Let’s Kick No Nasties!

Hey there Rodinhooder,

I’m in a really warped mood today and feel like kicking someone! So I’m gonna be nasty and kick No Nasties! I suggest you do the same; but check out what I’m talking about before telling everyone over social media, that I’ve lost it :).

Spoiler Alert: No Nasties has launched its new clothing line in the most unique way. And they deserve all the support we can give. This is not “just another crowdfunding campaign”. This is the opportunity to avail of gift coupons that don’t come with an expiry date. And promote organic cotton farming.  

image source 

Haute Content of the Week:

Meet Ashishbhai – the cakeman.  He’s an entrepreneur from A’bad who works day & night to deliver feelings, not cakes.

Alok read this ‘epic’ exit letter that made him react and share some takeaways…

7 tips to find your co-founder and early hires – this post is sizzling like bacon in a frying pan! So stir the pot (or flip the pan!)

The big value of small exits – watch iSpirit Open Ecosystem Questions

Interesting tips to drive more sales at a flea market!

On the Runway:

iRentShare – a community based marketplace for renting & sharing stuff! 

Stunnly – cost effect explainer videos for startups!

SchoolFinder – helping parents find “the ideal school” for their child

Idea: Online Marketplace for Cakes & Desserts

Ensemble’:

Check out what Kriti’s fortune cookies for entrepreneurs tell us!

If you face hiring woes – this one will resonate with you!

Women & Equality

How do I start a business – a rodinhooder’s perspective

If you’re an animator – you should apply for the Animday Awards – check out the promo vid!

Designer ASKs:

Amit Sarda needs to know how to sell a digital OOH advertising channel

This rodinhooder is just starting up and needs advice – crowdfunding or VC funding and all that jazz…

How does a non-geek evaluate tech candidates while hiring?

Mumbai Show:

There’s a CONTEST in the house to win a FREE TICKET to attend ‘Effective Communication for Startups’ – don’t miss this chance. It’s a StepUp, Genesis Burson-Marsteller event. ps: Check out the panelists!!

THE BANGALORE COLLECTION!

image source

If you have an App idea for Apple Watch – ship it to us TODAY so we can Create a Startup for you!

Lots of B’lore Rodinhooders have been pinging us for one-on-one time with Alok. So we’ve changed the Open House Agenda a bit and have introduced a new session which will allow you to ASK ALOK ANYTHING! This is a great chance to pick his brains and get all of us to help you! So come prepared with your q’s for Alok.

think.do.be.spectacular.

keep spinning those startup stories.

see you soon in bangalore!

your friendly weaver,

asha chaudhry

editor

asha@rodinhood.com 

facebook 

twitter

Comments

Lost Password

Register