News

Weekly Newsletter: Sept. 6-12, 2014

Sending Arrows, Gifts & Memes; Gamification, Old Chats and some Inside Stories…

My dear Rodinhood,

I’m often asked what it’s like to run a community of 8000+ entrepreneurs. It means trying to know and understand members’ businesses. It means trying to connect members with synergies. It means knowing when someone is going to launch a new app. Re-launch a site. Go live. Or even shut down. I’ve had rodinhooders popping up in my chat box to say, “Hey we’re meeting a VC today – wish us luck!”  Running a community, to me, is like being a part of an extended family; where I get the privilege of being part of everyone’s roller coaster startup ride. And many a time, other stuff as well 🙂

It’s lovely to be a part of a Rodinhooder’s shaadi (remotely, over social media)! Congrats & best wishes to Karthikeyan and his wife. From all of us!

So while we are congratulating rodinhooders – a big badhai to our new mommies & daddy – Saraswathi,Nithya & Abhik! God bless your little ones!

Back to Biz. The week that was… 

Showstoppers:

Sudarsan is quietly building a Gamification company whose first product RippleHire, focuses on gamifying employee referrals, thus helping companies hire faster & better. Meet him in #MeetTheRodinhooders

Rahul on 8 ways to influence users to buy your product/service (ladies – don’t get stuck on the high heels – it’s a mighty useful article!)

Kamal – the ecom dude, shares some interesting insights

Neeraj on his experience with Startup Accelerators – a candid share. Do tell us your side of the story as well!

Sandeep runs a software services company in Goa! (yeah – all folks in Goa don’t have shacks, me included!). He shares interesting bits of his journey on how he got his first biggie order without even building a product!

Sunaina is trying to add some memorable content to our archives.  Watch Alok & Naveen Tewari in their own little chat show 🙂 [this happened last year at TechCrunch and makes the perfect weekend watch!!]  

Startups on Fire!

SendArrow – Analytics for docs (click through the ppt link – seeing is believing!)

AproGift – Gifting with your friends & colleagues

BakLOL – App to share Indian memes and stickers on Whatsapp

Grouptable – a group dining platform, announces new features 

We were there!

Why do entrepreneurs get stuck? That’s Sushrut reporting from TiE.

Jab Anamika met Shouvik Roy at StartupGrind 🙂

Abhishek and his e-chai over startup demos!  

Potpourri:

If you are an SME in Goa or Andhra Pradesh and the internet was the gamechanger for you; here’s your chance to be on a TV Show!!

Arjun thanks all of us for being his teacher!

‘After Earth’ taught Sushrut some memorable lessons….

ASK is the perfect place to earn instant karma and JOBS are smoking with opportunities of a lifetime. Do spend some time there!!  

Events beckon!

If you’re heading to ComicCon Bangalore – say hi to our rodinhooders at the GreenRock Stall

If you’re going to be at Social Media Week – DON’T MISS StepUp’s ‘Effective Communication for Startups: building imagery, building preference’.  Rodinhood is on the panel. Sushrut will be there tweeting his thumbs off 🙂 . Plus one rodinhooder will get to win a free tik via a contest soon! So stay tuned! 

TRHS BANGALORE OPEN HOUSE

Alok has some crazy ideas up his sleeve – so you better keep checking out the Agenda as we slowly reveal what’s happening!

Theme for CAS – Apps for Apple Watch!

Think how the Apple Watch will change our life. And think of app ideas you would love to build for Apple Watch! Send your ideas to me asap for a chance to be THE ONE!

phewwwww!

think.do.be.awesome.pausome.  

fondly (from my shack),

asha chaudhry

editor

asha@rodinhood.com 

facebook 

twitter

Comments

Lost Password

Register