Updated : 1st August 2013 by Alok
I am in San Francisco (Parc 55 on Market) and am proposing a meetup on Wednesday – the 7th of August in the evening!
Need suggestions for:
1. Venue ideas where we can all meet and have a discussion? Does anyone know a place that we could borrow or rent?
2.What time would be a good time in SF? Start time and end time?
The amazing agenda as suggested by Saurabh Mutha:
Here is a small list of topics which I think would be useful to someone in the US wanting to target the upcoming Indian market:
1. How do we achieve ” Designed in California. Made for India” . Understanding the Indian demographic wrt ecommerce.
2. A small discussion on tools and strategies for usability testing and target demographic research. Probably names of some services which you would recommend.
3. Understanding the VC landscape in india. How should first time entrepreneurs approach VC’s in India. Is it a good idea to bootstrap or raise capital. What should a good term sheet look like. Are there any accelerators that you would recommend which have a focus and understanding of the Indian markets.
4. Hiring design and development teams in india (outsourcing) Pros and Cons.
Original post of Asha follows:
Alok will be in your part of the world – San Francisco – for a couple of weeks in August. We’d like to ascertain how many rodinhooders (or friends of rodinhooders) live in the Bay Area. If we have enough numbers, Alok would love to meet up with some Rodinhooders while he’s in SF.
The dates will be finalised soon. But in the meanwhile – YELL & TELL if you are a BAY AREA RODINHOODER so we can plan a trhs event!!
Aneja Raj has kindly volunteered to be our BAR representative.
Kindly comment on this thread and mention which city you live in. Feel free to spread the word to your non rodinhooder friends based in SF if you think they’d be interested in such an event and comment here as well.
Special thanks to Sumesh for designing the BAR logo.