“I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” — Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon
The above quote by Jeff rightly fits my Journey. It was not easy for me to start Artivatic venture after failure of the last startup COGXIO & DateIITians. The Artivatic journey for last 3 quarters has been very interesting and challenging too.
There were multiple challenges that were faced during this journey (It has been around 7 months we started building Artivatic – Artivatic was started in Sep, 2016), like building new team, motivating the team enough to be with us, financial crunch, working without salary, living in office to save costs, getting rejecting by many people for our idea and much more.
The best part of our journey was the support from the team who worked continuously day & night (sometimes with little or no salary) to build a product to take it to the market. Artivatic will grow a lot more but will not forget the contribution from the team – Puneet, Soham, Awadhesh, Tushar, Shikha and Omkar, Thank you guys.
First Quarter of Artivatic [Sep 2016 – Nov 2016]: It was the toughest time that we all have spent till now. This was the time we had some wrong hirings and everything turned into internal politics instead of working on the product. Had no idea, what was the product we were building, had endless meetings to discuss what is Artivatic? So many brain storming sessions to understand Artivatic in depth and it took us almost 3 months to decide finally – what was Artivatic, how to build it further, who will be building Artivatic and where were we aligning our visions for future. Many people and even investors rejected us that we all were talking ‘superficially’ and can never be built or executed. The ‘so called’ people started comparing us with ‘data analytics’ companies who were well funded without even understanding what we were building and how it is going to impact the industries in the long run. The value addition to the large enterprises to improve their bottom line significantly. Overall, what we got was straight rejection and de – motivation – nothing else. This was the toughest quarter for all of us to overcome and luckily we got over it after facing many challenges with the team’s support.
Second Quarter of Artivatic [Dec 2016 – Feb 2017]: This was one of the most important quarters of the Journey. At the end of the first quarter, we were able to figure out what we were building and why? Though in-spite of the financial crunch, the team was supporting enough to understand that there is a future with the product if it is built. We had lots of learning in first quarter and also from our last shutdown startups, which were applied to Artivatic. We were very – very fast in building and executing Artivatic and in the 2nd Quarter itself, we were able to launch our first version of the product (though not perfect). This first version gave us the much required confidence boost and we were motivated enough to go ahead further. We partnered with Zomato, Dineout and ClearTrip as well to test our technologies with help of our in-house product ‘LiveOnGo (LOG)’ and it was really successful. We validated our technology and business model in 2nd Quarter.
Third Quarter of Artivatic [Mar 2017 – Present]: The last quarter (still going on) has been quite eventful and awesome in many ways. After so much struggle we finally saw some ray of hope. From the beginning of March, we’ve seen some interesting things:
- Product Market Fit – Artivatic has got its product market fit with multiple market validation and need of the product to solve large & complex problems for startups, MSMEs & large enterprises in many sectors.
- Demand & Supply Gap – The traditional businesses which are working from a long time but still finding it difficult to understand consumers and delivering them what they are looking for. Many such businesses are on the verge of transforming themselves with disruptive technologies to become intelligent, efficient and intuitive to focus on consumer needs in real time. There is huge impact of emerging technologies on the businesses to keep them sustainable in future. At the right time, Artivatic was able to identify this opportunity to fill the gap and provide them AI infrastructure without much investment and development efforts to help these businesses transform into disrupting businesses.
- Industry based Understating – Understanding the data points, mapping them together, prediction & recommendation to enable decision making (enabling these businesses as Virtual Brains to take decisions itself for better ROI, Engagement, Strategy formation and personalization as like Human does in real life) was the turning point in Artivatic Journey. Learnt the key problems of many industry sectors like Lifestyle, Travel, Entertainment, Fashion/eCommerce, Telecom, Finance & Insurance, Retail & Analytics, Recruitment, Healthcare & Pharma, which can be solved using Artivatic technology by placing industry experts.
- Launch of Beta Product – The Artivatic beta was launched in April 2017 for few industries like Recruitment, Travel, Fashion & eCommerce to directly use the product for few hours without any development efforts on affordable cost. The team is working in new sectors like telecom, healthcare, pharma, finance & insurance to enable these businesses to take advantage of Artivatic’s decision making technologies.
- Raising Angel Funding – The interesting and cheerful moment was when Artivatic raised angel funding from Singapore based angel investor Rahul. Rahul understood our product in depth and identified its real life use cases in various industries and showed confidence in our team and product both. He invested his own money and gave us a free hand for more product market fit, validation and growth further. This was the next confidence booster and motivation for Artivatic product and its team too.
- Partnering with Fortune Listed Companies The biggest turning point in Artivatic journey came when HCL & Capgemini like large enterprises showed interest to partner with Artivatic. We demonstrated our technologies and capabilities to solve these businesses problems by partnering with them. It has been one of the biggest motivating moment in Artivatic journey.
The last 7 months have been quite interesting and learning focused for entire Artivatic. The belief of people and businesses in our team & product has helped to boost our confidence, motivation and interest to build further more innovative technologies and support these businesses for improving their ROI, consumer engagement, personalized experience, business strategies and automating decision making.
Thank you all for your support and motivation. We at Artivatic, promise to build innovative products that solve the real problems around. Want to know more, do connect with us at email@example.com and we will be happy to host you for a coffee in our office. Visit us: www.artivatic.com [Stay tuned for more updates. Follow at @artivatic]