As I am writing this post, I am sitting in my cubicle, awaiting another day full of excel work and meetings.
Working in a consulting/technology firm(that too one of the biggest) has never been a fulfilling experience. I always had this feeling of doing something on my own. I have got an idea, very nascent stage, so would like to share it with you guys to get an honest review.
1) Fast food chain of Pav Bhaji-specialized outlets in Pune/Hyderabad which would cater to customers who want to take away, as well as those who want to eat it hot.
2) Inspiration behind the idea was unavalibility of good Pav Bhaji joints in these cities(except Mumbai). There is a potential market for fast food. With Pizza, Cake shops, Burgers brands already in the market and making good, pav bhaji market is still untapped.
3) We can take a cue from “Sardar” Pav Bhaji, in Tardeo or Canon Pav Bhaji in creation of a “brand” of Pav bhaji. We would provide a brand of Pav Bhaji which would be tasty and hygienic.
4)Starting from Pune or Hyderabad, as we get brand recognition, we plan to scale up and get to the tier 2 cities like Kolhapur, Aurangabad etc where there is a lot of potential for consumption.
5) Low Cost model- Maximum area of 500 sq ft required for an outlet. Plans to include Sandwich and Juice alongside, making it a “Indian” fast food chain. around 10-12 varieties of Pav Bhaji can be included to enhance the brand and build loyal customer base.
6) To sum things up, we wish to create a “Brand of Pav Bhaji”.
1) Pav Bhaji is mostly preferred to be eaten at home. “Mom-made” pav bhaji.
2) Competition from local vendors.
3) “Karigar” or pav bhaji cook is difficult to get. We enquired with some karigars in Mulund and they were completely reluctant.
We made a survey where around 100 people participated.
Some of the results:
1) 80% people said it was an amazing idea to have a brand of Pav bhaji
2) 78% people said they didnt mind spending 70-80 rs for a pavbhaji provided there is hygiene and taste.
3)Morover more than 90% people said that they loved the dish.
I will be updating the presentation plan soon on the website. I am still left with the Sales Forecast and Break even analysis, which I have learn from someone else.
My point of posting this at this time was to get a view from stalwarts here about the idea. I believe in my idea and feel it is feasible enough to be a grand success like Dosa Plaza. If I get some useful reviews and tips from the people present here, it would help me in further enhancing my business plan ppt and would boost my morale to make this a big success.
Eagerly awaiting your responses. Thank you in adavnce.