Making money online seems easy right? We see so many bloggers and income reports that you start questioning yourself that how the hell are these people making money through online jobs in India.
Well, let me tell you how.
My name is Ankur Aggarwal, and I am a Digital Marketer by profession. I also have multiple websites of my own that make me significant income.
Now you guys must be wondering, that I have given such a flashy title: how I made $2726 in June 2017, let me tell you how I did that.
The answer is simple: Affiliate marketing and consulting
First, let me give you some income proofs to back my claims
Now the first image is of my hosting affiliate account. I have multiple hosting affiliate programs like Hostgator, Bluehost, siteground, etc., and the above image is for Hostgator affiliate.
One of my niche websites (based out for US audience) was able to drive 11 people to buy hosting through my link and hence I will make $1100 ($100 per hosting).
The other source of revenue is consulting. Since my website has become an authority in my niche (I cannot reveal the niche for security purposes) people book me for paid hourly Skype sessions (I charge $125/hour for my consulting services)
Also read: The money Ceiling
Here are the traffic stats for my website:
Just like hosting affiliate, I also have many other affiliate programs on my websites, here are few more snapshots to give you some data:
As you can see some made me $100 some $50 and combined all income sources, I was able to make $2726 in June 2017. This is just from one of my affiliate websites, and I have more than five websites as of now.
What is affiliate marketing you ask?
Well it’s when you send people to buy any online product through your unique link, and if they make a purchase you get a commission (ranking from 0-40% or sometimes flat fees)
How can you start an affiliate site and make money?
Well although it’s a long process and you will first need to learn the basics. So I won’t be going into the advanced stuff. I will just tell you the basics and will also list the best resources for you to learn all about affiliate marketing and how to make money through that.
Here are the exact steps that you need to follow to start your own niche based affiliate site:
- Learn how to start a WordPress based blog (You can learn this from YouTube)
- Learn all about SEO (both On-page and off-page SEO). The best resource for this is backlinko.com
- Read all the articles of nichepie.com, nichehacks.com, and nichepursuits.com. These three websites are known to be the best affiliate marketing knowledge resources for you.
- Side note: I was surprised last month. One of my collegue in the US is working in a camming website. A camgirl site is one where webcam models perform live in front of the audience. Wesites like chaturbate, livejasmin etc. Now my friend in an adult affiliate, so he is referring customers to these camming sites and people when spend money on these webcam models , he gets paid in dollars a good amount.
- Don’t go for quantity over quality. Make sure each of the articles on your website is absolutely best and is better than any of the competition out there.
- After you have the knowledge, now start building your site, so the SEO, drive traffic to your website and start making money.
Tips for beginners:
- Affiliate marketing is a time-consuming process and not a get rich quick scheme. So don’t expect to make money in your first month. First, learn all there is to it and then start slowly. Keep this as a part time in the start.
- Create a niche website and dominate that niche. My website is an authority in my niche. Most of my articles rank #1 on Google for some major search terms, and this is why I can make such money. But it took me almost a year to get to this place, so be patient
- Don’t do black-hat SEO. Stay away from it. It’s not worth it. Few high-quality links are much stronger than hundreds of low-quality links
- Write articles that are comprehensive and make the life of a user easy.
Case studies for you to get some motivation.
- Tung Tran of cloudliving.com is making more than $10,000/month from his affiliate website thankyourskin.com. It took him 8 months to reach this landmark. And this is when he had all the knowledge and expertise.
- com is making more than $30,000/month. This is a classic case of affiliate marketing. He used all his knowledge and expertise to build this website. His major plus point was his SEO knowledge. He ranks #1 for some very high search volume terms
Techniques and tools that give me the best results:
Affiliate marketing tools:
- Ahrefs and Buzz stream for SEO and driving organic traffic
- Thrive content builder for creating good-looking articles
- Google to learn, learn and then learn more
- Guestographic technique to build backlinks has worked great for me and will work amazingly for you as well.
Well, I have 7+ years of affiliate marketing now. And I am sure I was able to give you a new perspective on how to make money online as an affiliate. There are tons of other ways to make money as well like becoming a freelancer, YouTube channel, Instagram influencer and so much more.
All you need is dedication, perseverance and a will to earn. And soon you will reach your goal.
Ankur Aggarwal is a Digital Marketer, Entrepreneur, Traveler, Blogger, Foodie. Have been blogging since 2010. In 2016 he scored 99.2 percentile in XAT Exam for MBA, left that to pursue his Online business dreams. He has multiple websites but ankuraggarwal.in is his new venture. The purpose of ankuraggarwal.in is to pass on 100% accurate and genuine information on making and saving more money either online or offline in India. Write to him at ankuraggarwal.in.