A little background
- SaaS-based bootstrapping company
- Located in Mumbai
- Team of 4. Plan to have 9 members in near future
- Operating from a rented apartment
- No client visits are done in our office as entire business is online
- Currently no HR or admin is handling my operation
My queries are related to BMC legalities
- For a SaaS-based company, is it mandatory to have Shop & Establishment License?
- Is it illegal to operate from an apartment?
- If I take a commercial office in a building, do i still have to comply with S&E Act?
- Similarly what if I rent a commercial shop but use it as a office, do i still have to comply with S&E Act?
- Can society take an objection to our operation?
- What registrations do I have to make to run a legally acknowledged operation?
- Anything other laws besides IT & PT, I need to follow?
Would sincerely appreciate your guidance.