A warm hello to all of you!
I wish to take this opportunity to introduce my venture to you all and seek your inputs (and support) for my idea and venture.
I quit my job last year to be an entrepreneur. After running a pilot phase for 6 months within my circle of friends and acquaintances, I launched Bookelphia.
What is Bookelphia?
· Well, Bookelphia is a crowd sourced reading platform creating a network of reading enthusiasts. We deal in physical books only.
How do we operate?
- Members list their books which they are willing to share in the network on Bookelphia. In return, they get access to the collection of books shared by other members, along with the books owned by Bookelphia.
- A book is borrowed from the owner member when there is a request for it and returned back to the owner once the borrower-reader has read it.
What is our value addition?
- We make reading recommendations to our members based on their favourite genre(s), author(s), reading history, interests, etc. We even make recommendations for their kids, parents and other family members based on their request.
- We manage all the logistics involved. The books are delivered to, and picked up from, your residence/ office by a Bookelphia team trained specifically for handling books.
- Members get credit points for sharing books within the network. They may use the credit points for reading books for free.
- We make all possible efforts towards ensuring that the books in the network are handled with care and maintained well.
- There are some more ideas on our mind. We are still developing the operating model around them.
Where are we now?
- We are operational in Mumbai and its suburbs.
- Presently, we have collection of books in English, Hindi and Marathi, and a special section for kids and young adults.
How would we make money?
- We have adopted a “Pay Per Read” pricing according to which you pay only when you read. No other charges, no security, nothing. Currently, we charge Rs 100 for general books and Rs 50 for kids books including the cost of home delivery and pick-up.
What is in it for a member?
- Physical books in hand
- Personalized book recommendations
- Books delivered and picked up from home or office
- Saves moneySaves time in selecting books or going to buy books
- Don’t need to buy every book you want to read
- Pay only when you are reading; no fixed plans
- Earn credit points when book is borrowed by the network
What support do I seek from RH’s?
Well, a lot 🙂
We need members. Please suggest inexpensive ways to reach people who like reading books.
Do check out the website, join us if you read books 🙂 and more importantly share your feedback/ suggestions on the business model. The link is www.bookelphia.com
(It is the beta version currently and not friendly with tab or mobile, so please bear with the inconvenience. The actual website is under development and will be up shortly)
We are already active on Facebook. Do visit the page at www.facebook.com/bookelphia and like us.
Our twitter handle is @bookelphia