Wow! Life works in amazing ways or what 🙂 I became a member of the Rodinhoods community long back, and kick started The Digital Marketing Chat Show with none other than Asha Chaudhry and Akshay Chhugani!
So here’s what’s happening. Last month, we decided to hold an impromptu meetup for digital marketers in Delhi, and the more we talked, the more we realised a lack of some kind of a forum to help us all connect with each other. Thus Digital Defynd was born and in just a couple of weeks, we have an up and running, somewhat happening website as well!
Coming back to what this post is about. Along with various other things, we thought why not do something to bring the very people who make digital marketing happen to the fore, for some well deserved recognition and also to make others learn from them 🙂 Thus we thought of the idea of The Digital Marketing Chat Show, and without further adieu, I present to you, the first episode of the same 🙂
Creating Awesome Online Communities –
Asha Chaudhry (@) is the Co-founder & Editor of India’s most vibrant online community of entrepreneurs – TheRodinhoods.com – which is around 10,500 members strong. In her previous life she was an advertising professional.
Some key takeaways –
1. Community Building is hard work! Harder than people can imagine.
2. You need to stay invested in an idea for long, like really long.
3. Constant nurturing and addressing people’s concerns are the only ways to go about building an awesome community.
4. If you are not passionate, you can’t do it.
5. Corporates in India aren’t that serious about building communities. Lots of global companies doing the same.