We are a lean start-up working on a niche job portal.
http://www.doparttime.com – Exclusive part-time jobs search website
Both the founders come from a technology background and have made the platform ready. We are looking to plan our launch day, but the worrying thing is when to launch and how to launch?
– Verified Jobs (email, phone & address)
– Search based on your free time (weekend, weekday, morning, afternoon, night, etc)
– Matchmaking algorithm (Eg. 50% matches your interest)
– On Google Map (search with in your vicinity)
– Is it good to launch when I have 100 jobs posted?
– Or just 10 jobs
– Start-up launch does it mean we just need to write to multiple blogs & journalists informing about our product?
– Without users i’m finding it bit difficult to convince job providers also job seekers asking for variety of job fields, So, It’s been a Chicken or the egg, confusing us which one to move first.
FYI: we did try to put a closed invite for portal and were able to attract 150+ users and 10K page views and closed our first customer successfully in last 20 days.
Please let me know your thoughts about when & how to launch a start-up without much investment.